• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS charging capsule

340wedge

Newly Enlightened
Withdrawn.

This is a capsule for charging rcr123 and 18350's. Housing is made from 6AL4V titanium and the pins are brass. Price is 75.00US shipped to US. If your outside the US please send me a PM and we can arrange shipping details.

Made to be used with hobby chargers or the like that can safetly charger lithium batteries. The intent is to use preferably plastic housed small aligator clips on either end.

I have not checked all brands of 16340 or 18350 for their sizes so please measure your batteries before making the purchase. ID max is .723 length min is 1.310 max is 1.425.

Reason for making this was to have a safer place to charge these batteries with less worry about possible safety issues. There is a small hole drilled into the housing as a passage for gases to escape in the event of a vented cell.

Please use common sense when using this and don't make a connection from the pins to the housing. Prefered attaching method is as shown in the linked photos. As with all my items machined surfaces will vary in look.

http://s521.beta.photobucket.com/us...capsule?&_suid=136166551389405681094604945345

Thanks for looking and a big thanks to candlepower forums.

Last edited:

340wedge

Newly Enlightened
I really don't know why I have such issues with links. First post is edited try now.

340wedge

Newly Enlightened
Bump

Also I may do a 17500 or 18650 one if people would be interested one of those let me know.

340wedge

Newly Enlightened
I thought about the spacer idea but I just don't like using spacers. Now different pins for different batteries could work. The negative side pin is held in via an o ring that fits into a groove on the pin allowing the pin to move freely through the plastic as the spring compresses.

I don't believe many use hobby chargers yet. I couldn't use a plug in with a red or green light again. I got too used to seeing how many ma I used for the day and if the cell is still in good shape. Also can't help my self when I get a new cell to run it through its paces on some discharge cycles seeing how the volts hold under different amp draws.

An 18650 size could be used with insulated spacers for smaller cells.