Preon 1 g2 clicky issue

Branman

Newly Enlightened
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I have always searched around on here and finally registered. I was looking to upgrade from my stylus pro. I did some research but I guess not enough. I ended up picking up a Preon 1 gen 2 and also got the clicky tailcap (also the updated version) because I have never been a fan of the twisty style. I just received it today in the mail and was super excited to check it out. The fit and finish of the light seems great and I actually like the pocket clip better than the stylus pro. So I popped the battery and played with it for a few minutes checking out all the modes. I put it in my pocket for a little while and busted it out again and clicked the button and nothing happened. I had to click the button a bunch of times for it to fire up. This happened another 3 times over about an hour period. Im guessing its an issue with the tailcap but not sure. I emailed foursevens to see what they have to say. I tried searching but havent seen alot of threads on issues with the newer clicky cap which I thought was supposed to be better. What are your thoughts on this? Do I have a defective clicky or is this gonna be a common thing? Any help of suggestions would be great. I apologize for the drawn out story. Thanks for reading, Brandon.

Branman

Newly Enlightened
I have been testing the light all night and couldnt get it to act up again after many attempts. Do these have like a break-in period or something? It shouldnt but im trying my hardest to make excuses because i really want to keep this as my pocket edc. If someone could chime in with any thoughts Id appreciate it. Brandon

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has foursevens replied? Could be mechanical and just needed some break in. Let us know what they say and if the problem stays way.

Branman

Newly Enlightened
I just emailed them yesterday so still waiting for a reply. Im sure sometime this week Ill hear something back. Ill def report back with what foursevens wants to do.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you get the satin titanium version? I have the same issue with the satin titanium version but the other two aluminum ones work perfectly. Not sure if this is predominant with the satin titanium ones. Just asking.

Branman

Newly Enlightened
Did you get the satin titanium version? I have the same issue with the satin titanium version but the other two aluminum ones work perfectly. Not sure if this is predominant with the satin titanium ones. Just asking.

Nope I have the black aluminum one. I almost got the titanium and still might if this doesnt become a huge issue. I have tried the light a few times today without an issue so maybe its all cleared up.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I don't know if your issue is the same as mine but when I got my preon 2 the clicky was not working quite right. Turns out it was the rubber cover just under the cap that was not seated right. I had to unscrew the top and re-seat the rubber so that it would click properly.

Branman

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if your issue is the same as mine but when I got my preon 2 the clicky was not working quite right. Turns out it was the rubber cover just under the cap that was not seated right. I had to unscrew the top and re-seat the rubber so that it would click properly.

Thats what it felt like at first, but didnt help much after I played with it for a bit.

Update:
I got an email from foursevens this morning and without hassle they are sending out a replacement tailcap.

Latest posts