Window dimensions?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've busted the glass on my Tri-EDC, to the point where I can't measure it to get the right replacement.

Could someone measure theirs and let me know?

TIA

quine

Newly Enlightened
21mm x 2mm

I just ordered a sapphire lens for mine! Had to go through a local jeweler, though.

quine

Newly Enlightened
It was about $40, and they threw in a new o-ring. I think it's more like $20 if you can order it directly, though I don't know about shipping.

nbp

Flashaholic
The general consensus is that sapphire may be marginally more scratch resistant than mineral glass, but generally no better against shatter. Mostly it's a marketing thing. At least that is the opinion of Henry (of HDS fame, and avid caver) who offers both but openly admits he thinks the sapphire is not worth the money.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered a UCL from flashlightlens. I'm pretty sure that's what was already in there. Much, much cheaper than sapphire :)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see the exact time dimensions on that site. What dimensions should I order. (I didn't see any whole numbers).
Sent from my SPH-L900

I ordered the 21.3mm x 1.85mm. I'll find out soon enough if it's right!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It arrived today, and getting it past the threads inside the head was impossible, I ended up chipping around the edge of the new glass. 21.3mm is too big.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
At least that is the opinion of Henry (of HDS fame, and avid caver) who offers both but openly admits he thinks the sapphire is not worth the money.

That's within the context of HDS lights, which include a lens shock isolation system. The light itself protects the lens so well, that the additional protection afforded by the tougher lens is generally unnecessary.

nbp

Flashaholic
Perhaps, but I don't recall any pictures of lenses, mineral glass or sapphire, around here that show very serious wear. Most lights have the lenses recessed enough that it is a moot point, unlike watch faces which are often subject to significant abrasion.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey, anyone know what the dash number is for the Tri EDC body-to-head o-ring is? And is it the same on the Tri EDC as well as the other EDC series lights?

jkid1911

Enlightened
Hey Folks, I'm very interested too. At this point it would be great to ID the right one and where to get it so that we can order one for "just in case". However, I'm more predisposed to ordering a shatterproof poly version if one is available even at the cost of losing some light transference. Would love to know if a poly one is available. I suspect that with the correct dimensions I could have one made. THANKS...!