itp A3 eos questions

musicmagic

Newly Enlightened
so, a few questions regarding the a3 (r5 version):

I have a small smudge on the emitter, any of you have that? I also have a noticeable green tint if I turn it on when my eyes have been accustomed to the darkness. Again,
is that normal?

I just ground down the keychain post so it could tail stand, but there is a slight ridge of metal that I cannot get off unless I want to take off the finish too. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

On a side note, do you know of any protected AAA lithium ion batteries on Amazon? The only reason I ask is I have a lot of gift cards for them. I am willing to go the unprotected route, but I am worried it might go :poof: on me in my pocket. So do any of you have run-times for lithium ion batteries? Any suggestions for unprotected batteries on amazon?

Thanks for your time,

Addison

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Oh yeah, this is my favorite little light. My most recent purchase was 50 of these little buggers. I gift them away like crazzzzyyyyyyy, LOL. I always buy the 'upgrade' model.

I've never noticed a green tint. I always buy the XP-G R5 models, and they are cool white.

I have the stainless steel version iTP EOS A3 'Upgrade' on my keychain, with an unprotected 10440 battery. Even if the light comes on, it will be in 'Lo' mode, so no big deal there. But I've been carrying this one around for well over a year and it has never come on accidentally.

If you wanted a tail-stander light, you should have bought the Olight version, which replaced the iTP. The Olight has a flat tailcap, made for tailstanding.

For batteries, I use: UltraFire 10440 AAA Li-Ion 3.6V Rechargeable Battery 500 mAh FLAT TOP CR10440 Lithium Ion

Good luck! Dave

DrVette

Newly Enlightened
I have the R5 & Q5 version, neither are green, pure white.
No smudges on any of mine.

Dunno bout the grinding w/o a pic.

FYI non-protected Li-On only catch fire when drained too much then charged AFAIK.
Maybe someone will chime on re: non-protected "proper" usage/charging.

Edit to say protected cells quit w/o warning.
Carry spare cells in serious areas.

Here ya go @ amazon, Trustfire protected
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005X4SG7W/?tag=cpf0b6-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ABE82L4/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

jamesmyname

Newly Enlightened
You should note that protected 10440s may or may not fit in the A3. I have the A3 upgraded version and the protected, gray-wrapper Trustfire 10440s. They don't fit unless I use something to bridge the gap between the end of the battery tube and the head. I cut a small piece of aluminum that fits. Others have had luck with washers. You might do some research before you go this route. Great light on Eneloops though :)

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a green tint, but it's only really noticeable when I compare the beam to another, non-green, cool white (like my Thrunite Ti).