My wife dropped my new Fenix flashlight 3 metres (9 - 10 feet) on the floor tiles

NaKeD007

Newly Enlightened
I was standing on the ground floor talking to my wife while she was on our balcony. She accidentally dropped my new Fenix LD22 on the tiles from where she was standing. Which is roughly around 3 metres (9-10 feet) high.

I quickly ran to pick it up and besides some minor scratches the flashlight is fine.

What's with fenix 1m resistance rating on the packaging, they should increase that to 3m (Got me all worried). :D

Anyone here have dropped their flashlights from around that height and it survived?

I want to know which other flashlights brand/model can take a beating from 3m high, clearly with a wife like mine I need it. :grin2::grin2:

JCD

Enlightened
What's with fenix 1m resistance rating on the packaging, they should increase that to 3m (Got me all worried).

Perform the same drop test 1000 times. (Feel free to use a different sample light for each drop.) The light will likely survive most of the drops, but if several of them kill it, then a 3m rating wouldn't be justified. Surviving one 3 m fall might mean your light is much more impact resistant than advertised, or it might mean that you were lucky one time. Without repeating the experiment many times, it's impossible to know which one.

I suspect that survival from such heights depends on the light's orientation as it hits the ground, but that hypothesis would also need to be thoroughly tested before being accepted or rejected.

NaKeD007

Newly Enlightened
That's a good point JCD.

I guess manufacturers have to make sure their claims are 100% true to avoid any law suits.

I got lucky this time then *phew*

ThumperACC

Newly Enlightened
I want to know which other flashlights brand/model can take a beating from 3m high, clearly with a wife like mine I need it. :grin2::grin2:

First, it's great your flashlight survived.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Since you asked, check out the picture and paragraph at the top of this page...
http://www.hdslights.com/

"To get things going, we started by dropping this production EDC Tactical repeatedly from a height of 6 meters (20 feet) on to concrete, pavement and rocks. We then moved on to throwing the light at concrete, pavement and rocks for over an hour. The light still functions normally using the original battery. The glass lens did not break even with this severe abuse."

I'm impressed...

ThumperACC

p.s. I own one of those and it is built like a tank.