Surefire C2 Clip up too high, interfering with bezel - what to do?

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Just got a new, old stock C2 and the clip is up too high and contacting the bezel. So much so that the bezel does not screw down all the way. Additionally, whoever screwed it down also managed to remove the HA down to the bare aluminum on the underside of the bezel due to the interference.

The gap is fairly significant, however the light does run. Can I pound the clip down into place, and if so what do you suggest I use so as to not hurt the light further?

samuraishot

Enlightened
I just tap mine with a hammer or mallet - it should do the trick unless something is interfering with the clip attachment.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to figure out if it's tight fit at the bottom of the clip/body hole... then push the clip out and just file the edges of the clip that are not visible once installed (two lips on both sides, bottom of them)... usually that helps and produces no cosmetic change as it's hidden down there...

Never had that issue but that's how I would deal with it instead of pounding hoping that it would sit in where it's obviously too tight... but I did file the clip there to get it deeper inside so I can fit Ronac cooling bezel w/o touching the clip...