Surefire clickie tailcap question.

Rifter

Enlightened
Hello i just recieved my surefire clickie tailcap and have one question. Why is it thicker than the standard talcap. The standard tailcap was the same thickness as the light body, the clicke is thicker and makes the light look kinda wierd. What was the purspose of this? it also makes it harder to hold IMO.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
If it was no longer than the standard tailcap, I'd get one. I like the operation of the Scorpion clickie, works great...a lot of times more useable than my M2's twist tail cap switch. Also if it was cheaper, but we are talking about surefire here.
wink.gif

Rifter

Enlightened
i hate it being longer too, my light used to just fit in a M65 Field coat pocket, now it doesnt
frown.gif
why do these things need to be so big???? cant they make them smaller? they are sure expensive enough.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Clickie was designed as the SW02 for the Millennium Universal WeaponLights. The Z48 & Z49 Clickies for flashlights are basically the SW02 without the easy grip feature.

Perhaps it is better that we have the Z48 & Z49 now rather then have to wait for smaller versions to be produced?

They are tough switches designed to be the most reliable possible, and to take the abuse that those the SW02 is designed for need it to be able to handle.

Al

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Rifter,which one you got, SW02 or Z48? I love the
look of the SW02 and I think I want one. I know it's awefully BIG.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I have had the same thoughts...considering that all it has to do is...well click really!!! it is awefully big!
yellowlaugh.gif
confused.gif

Rifter

Enlightened
Maybe someone from surefire will let us in on why its so big, there has to be a reason or im sure they would have made it the standard size.

kev1-1

Enlightened
The SW02 is considerably more expensive than the Z48/49. It does look cool...but I don't think it is worth the price difference.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupid question: Does the Z48 fit on the E series lights? It's not listed, but I thought the tailcaps were all standard?

-john

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by John N:
Stupid question: Does the Z48 fit on the E series lights? It's not listed, but I thought the tailcaps were all standard?

-john
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...it does not fit the E series lights.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Correct assumption...though a few talented individuals here have created some, but I've never seen any for sale...

Latest posts