Water damaged eagle tac d25a

american

Enlightened
My ti d25a clicky ran through the washer now i see a few drops of water under the lens in the head i left the head and body tube seperatw for a few days but it didnt dry. It looks totaly sealed. Any ideas?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens cover unscrews on the 2012 model... not sure about the 2013 though.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the first ones the top does come off so the lens and reflector can be removed. The point where they separate looks like a groove machined in. Last one before the top of the light.

ragweed

Enlightened
What the hey..! You should check all your pockets etc.. before putting them in the washer..! I learned my lesson by putting in a pair of pants with Kleenex in the pockets..! What a God awful mess when done!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
looking at the size (cute!!) of the o-ring grooves and the o-ring imho it is needless to point out that the D25A is not a very water-proof flashlight. in my little tests water droplets entered the threads and the battery compartment but did not enter passed the lens o-ring.

a water-proof flashlight is the Xeno E03 ;)

american

Enlightened
Thats not helping i have a xeno too. What if i turn it on high for a hour and let it get hot will it dry the water or humidify the electronics

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ I was going to suggest that... but it will probably take a several heat and cool cycles to effective evaporate and "pump" the humidity out via air expansion (expulsion) and contraction (vacuum). Can't hurt, give it shot.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys, don't bet on the IPX-8 rating of THIS particular D-series model unless you seal the threads with silicone grease BEFORE each dunk.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the polished head comes off. If its like the Ti version, its very tight. But it does come off. Pull out the reflector and let it all dry.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at ET's pics, the first groove from the top is the separation line. Just like the previous ones.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something soft to hold it. I just used my hands, pliers etc will scratch it.

Gauntlet3D

Newly Enlightened
stop the madness, put it in a plastic bag filled with white rice. seal the bag, give it a day or two, all moisture will be gone.
This also works for cell phones that have been dunked if you remove the battery in time.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats prob the best idea for moisture, except it doesn't get rid of the water stains and detergent residue left on the lens and reflector.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tested the waterproofing on Eagletac flashlights? Kinda worried since I was thinking of getting one...

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My D25AM Ti has been dunked a few times along with a couple trips through the washer. Normal use in weather wasn't and issue. Got moisture from the washer but dried out fine. My other ET's (T20's and T10's) have been used in all sorts of weather and no issues.