Dorcy Spyder back at Costco

alberto

Enlightened
I bought a 2-pack of Dorcy Spyder 2x123 lights at Costco a couple of months ago and loved them -- great price ($27 for 2-pack with nice holsters and 4 Duracell 123s), great performance, for a light the equivalent of a Pelican M6 or ASP Triad II.

However, I went back a week later for more and they were gone. Now they're back, for those who are interested.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a package of 2 at BJ's Wholesale for $27. The package didn't say "Spyder" anywhere; instead it said "Xenon". Also, they came with 4 Fuji batts instead of Duracells. Otherwise, the exact same lights. Both are destined for glovebox duty.

alberto

Enlightened
Interesting that they package them differently for different retailers.

Yes, the Dorcys are great for glovebox, toolbox, and nightstand duty. I'd rather keep my nice expensive Surefires and ARCs on my desk or on my person where I can easily fondle and admire them when I need to confirm my flashaholism.

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Alberto; I bought four Dorcy Spyders and put them in strategic locations (glove box, basement, backpack) for emergencies. My LSHF-P, ArcAA, L4 and E2 are never far from my person.

I have now "tested" the Dorcy against other lights in very dark conditions outside, with lots of distant trees. I really do think the Dorcy throws nearly its stated 119.5 lumens--it certainly throws more light a longer way than the SF E2e, and the test that Arc had done on the latter rated it at 85 lumens). That's a lot of light for the price. It also has 4 o rings, and I think will stand up well to weather. I simply ignore the (many) imperfections in the beam (I also found out from Dorcy that the replacement Xenon bulbs cost $4. apiece).

jaws /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif