Nitecore D11.2 problem

ottsego

Newly Enlightened
Hello !

I have a little problem with my D11.2.
Let me get you in to the storry first: I got this light as a gift from my fiancée, she bought it in UK when she was there on vacations and becouse it was a gift she didn't gave me any bill of sale.
At first when I got it I was astonished how great it is, then the problem arrived when i tried to clean it in sink.
The light is not waterproof at all ! I noticed some water behind the glass. When I looked at it closely I noticed it has no rubber O-Ring gasket between the body and the glass ... how can it be that they did not put it in there in factory ??!! the second problem is that I could't return it to the seller becouse I didn't had a receipt ( the light was bought at www.flashaholics.co.uk ), so I tryed to directly contact Nitecore, they said it will be too expensive for them to send me this O-ring so I could put it there by myself ( as we all know the D11.2 is the easiest flashlight to disassembly so it will be no problem for me to do it :) ). They said that local retailer will send it for me and yep they did. they sent me the regullar O-ring with is too big for the glass and body. and that was one year ago :( ... then I tried many many many times to contact Nitecore but with no result.
Does anybody has an idea how to solve this problem ?
The flashlight is working perfectly besides it is no waterproof at all. I would like to be completely happy enjoying the full value of the product.

greetings from Poland !
ps. sorry for my poor English.

netprince

Enlightened
I know it doesn't help, but my D11.2 is not waterproof either. Mine does have the O-Ring, it doesn't really matter. I was just convinced it is a design flaw.

ottsego

Newly Enlightened
I know it doesn't help, but my D11.2 is not waterproof either. Mine does have the O-Ring, it doesn't really matter. I was just convinced it is a design flaw.

I'm sooo sad :(
this is how it look in mine. can you measure the o-ring dimmensions from your light that supposed to be in mine ?
photo.jpg

netprince

Enlightened
I'm sorry. I had the d11.2 and the ex11.2 backwards. I have the ex11.2 not the d11.2. Sorry for the confusion.

youngbushcrafter

Newly Enlightened
My EZAA did have a bit of water in the battery compartment after it was submerged :( still works fine though! is this problem common with nitecore?

Arif

Newly Enlightened
In my experience - Flashaholics have exemplary, outstanding customer service and a genuine concern for customer welfare. They must simply think that what was sent solved the problem. I'd say for you to contact Antony there again - or indeed, in their capacity as Nitecore's UK distributor - antony[AT]nitecore.co.uk. He's only ever in my experience pulled out all the stops to ensure that I was never left unhappy about anything that left his shelves. Please keep us posted!! (I've recently gotten into Nitecore, and Antony (owner of Flashaholics) being behind the brand in the UK - was frankly a selling-point and key reason behind my committing to about £600's-worth of torch hardware from Nitecore).

Last edited:

ottsego

Newly Enlightened
Odp: Nitecore D11.2 problem

No, no. I dont say that flashaholics has bad customer service. Its just that i never contacted them about the problem becouse I thought that if I dont have any proof ( I only have the flashlight and everything that come in retail box ) of buing the flashlight from them they will refuse any help. So i contacted directly Nitecore in china and they contacted Polish distributor to send me the missing oring, but then they sent me wrong one. So I mailed to Nitecore in china once again but this time no reply at all from them or Polish distributor. Im getting tired of this, my fiancee was soo happy becouse of the gift she could gave me and from almost two years I cant use it as I would like to, not to worry al the time if the light get wet or something.
She ( my fiancee :p ) even sometimes ask me if I dont like this flashlight becouse she dont see me using It or carrying it as EDC. I dont want to make her feel bad or something about thinking that she bought me broken flashlight so I didnt even told her about missing oring and leakage problem... ehhh.... :-( I thought that I can solve this by myself but I was wrong so here I am. Any ideas ?

greeny1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Odp: Nitecore D11.2 problem

I have this light, got to admit I've never dunked it under water to check waterproofness (do people really go swimming with their lights?). I checked mine it does seem to have a seal or O right between the metal and the glass. As for size, I'm confused it's clearly the same size as the internal diameter of the bezel not sure how my measurements would be any different from yours.

I havn't actually taken the head of this appart (not sure how you do this).

Flashaholics_UK

Newly Enlightened

Hi ottsego,

Sorry to hear of a problem with your D11 V2. One of our valued customers kindly alerted me to this thread so hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Please shoot me an email: antony at flashaholics.co.uk and we can take it from there.

Cheers,
Antony

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

fiancee was soo happy becouse of the gift she could gave me and from almost two years I

2 years?
i think the rule is to get married within 12 months after engagement ;)

just kidding. take your time!!

ottsego

Newly Enlightened

Hi ottsego,

Sorry to hear of a problem with your D11 V2. One of our valued customers kindly alerted me to this thread so hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Please shoot me an email: antony at flashaholics.co.uk and we can take it from there.

Cheers,
Antony

Hi Antony !
I just did wrote an E-Mail to You.

2 years?
i think the rule is to get married within 12 months after engagement ;)

just kidding. take your time!!

haha :) I know what you mean, the problem is I just finished my Master degree at university of economics and I'm currently looking for job. And you know, no job - no money for the weending, the second problem is that my fiancee familly lives 600km/380 miles from us - need much more money to get them here for the weeding, you know how expensive it would be to get a hounded people from the other side of country for a three day weeding :p

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi ottsego,

Cheers,
Antony

That's what i call great customer service, and the reason I keep coming back to your store.

ottsego

Newly Enlightened

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Today I received a package from flashaholics.co.uk which included a missing O-ring! my problem wasn't coped not even by Nitecore directly in China as well as the local distributor of Nitecore in Poland.
Distributor of England (flashaholics.co.uk) in which admittedly the light was bought in England, but did not have to demonstrate any action because of the time after purchase and there is no guarantee, however, decided to help me. Two weeks after the last contact here on the forum, I mentioned earlier, they sent me the O-Ring, for free! moreover, look at the pictures below :)

2013-03-25%252011.07.51.jpg

moment later I already installed the missing O-Ring.

2013-03-25%252010.30.37.jpg

2013-03-25%252010.35.08.jpg

And here with already installed O-Ring

2013-03-25%252010.51.07.jpg

Taaadamm !! 100 % waterproof !!

2013-03-25%252010.54.49.jpg

To sum up the whole situation. Only flashaholics.co.uk reached out to me a helping hand, and they where the only one who effectively help me with my problem. Let the best and the biggest recommendation for flashaholics.co.uk let it be my sincere satisfaction! Let other vendors and even manufacturers learn from such a dealer.

Best regards to Antony Cole who stand behind flashaholics and who help me with my problem,
Best regards for the person from this forum who wrote message to Antony about my problem,
And last but not least, best regards for all candlepowerforum community :) Let the light be with You :p

Last edited: