Shipping cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today's Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon (select the cartoon for nov 16th)

Btw, Merri is researching a USPS option for international orders only. I think the cost will be $10 for Global Priority. You'll still have to mess with taxes, etc but this should help lower the cost of your next Arc a little. We will ask that orders over $200 be shipped by FedEx for greater security.

Again, this only applies to international shipments. The domestic $5 (subsidized) FedEx works very well.

Peter

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for USPS shipping!
although I think you can do it as low as $5.00 Global Priority ...
bernhard

Likebright

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Ralf

Enlightened
good news, yes ...

some of the latest arc stuff are not available
from local dealers here in europe ...

cheers
ralf

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the cartoon, but what caught my eye was the news
regarding intn'l shipping.
Kiessling, s2k, Ralf, you know what I'm talking about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers to everyone at Arc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Second Bernhard

Flat Rate small envelope 5 USD
Flat Rate large envelope 9 USD

You can ship plenty of ARC AAA and ARC LS in the small one

Klaus

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many many times I've wanted to order(ARCAA, batteries, light tail, seconds and etc..) direct from ARC but the $25 Fedex is the evil <font color="red"> RED </font> light stopping me. Now I am happier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I hope LS3 will not be more than $200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so it can still ride on USPS.

Vince.

batterystation

Enlightened
We have been shipping international for some time and though those rates quoted are pretty accurate, I do understand Peters point. He, like us has to actually send someone to the post office and have them stand in line for a time to ship these orders. That costs money. Not much, but it does cost. We drive 15 minutes one way to the post office and frequently spend half an hour there total.
Though Peter is not aiming to make money on shipping charges, they do have to be padded just a bit or it is not worth doing at all. It becomes a loss. I value the international business very much. The world gets smaller every day.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Klaus said:

You can ship plenty of ARC AAA and ARC LS in the small one

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone try stuffing as many Arcs they can in an envelope
and try shipping it to me? Ah, of course I'll have to keep the lights.
Someone has to study the long term effect these poor lights have to
endure during the stressful shipping. Purely for experimental purpose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
batterystation said:
He, like us has to actually send someone to the post office and have them stand in line for a time to ship these orders. That costs money. Not much, but it does cost. We drive 15 minutes one way to the post office and frequently spend half an hour there total.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never realised the extra effort on the sending side.
Much appreciated, Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ted

Newly Enlightened
That would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've had very good results with USPS Global Priority Flat-rate envelopes.($5 small/$9 large).
The small one can easily fit a couple of Arc's (AAA/AA/LS)
I hope they stick to the $5 price. I would for sure order more Arc stuff then. Now the $20 makes it hard, also because shipping with Fedex has a higher chance of having to pay VAT/import duty.

Ted

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
When ARC would start using those 5/9 USD flat rate envelopes IMO all the international customers would be over it like flies over {famous LED Museum quote} /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus

Kiessling

Flashaholic
just a thought: why not let the intl. orders "accumulate" for a few days and ship only once per week ... would reduce Arc's cost and our price, and I personally would not mind the little delay given the already long shipping time ...
bernhard

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
just a thought: why not let the intl. orders "accumulate" for a few days and ship only once per week ... would reduce Arc's cost and our price, and I personally would not mind the little delay given the already long shipping time ...
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe one of the regular dealers on CPF (forgot which) uses this method. I will be as grown-up as possible and say that, yes, I can live with it. And if I want something as soon as possible, I will always have the Fedex option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Thank Peter to think about us, poor international Arc Flashaholic buyers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's a good price compared to Fedex for just one Arc AAA,and I agree with you for over $200 Fedex it's prefered.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Peter, please inform when the new shipping method is ready, I think will buy a few AAs. thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: Merri and I told the FedEx rep that we were considering USPS. She said she wants to take us to lunch and discuss "some options". I would like to have my cake and eat it too. I really like FedEx. If they can get the cost down to a less painfull level, then that would be great.

We spend a lot of money with FedEx...

Merri also ordered the USPS commercial pack but they are taking their good ol time sending it to us..

Peter

Denix

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Peter!

We all really appreciate the efforts that you go through for your customers. In return, you can bet that we will remain loyal customers for a long long time!

Take care!

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.