Anyone here listen to the radio show called Coast to Coast AM?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in Australia, so no. But I have heard of it. Skeptoid went to town on them for the tripe and pseudoscience that they parade to the masses...

pageyjim

Enlightened
I use to listen to it all the time. I still miss Art Bell. I tune in from time to time. I have three songs downloaded to my phone, only a Coast to Coast fan can appreciate. Inca Dance, Boom Boom Ba and Some Velvet Morning. Why do I feel like I said too much?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Pfft, grew up on that show. Don't get to hear it as much nowadays, but it's definitely an institution. My fave episodes are when the Ghost Investigative Society is on, and they play their new EVP recordings..

I was part of the listening audience that killed Art Bell's clock, btw - one night one of the mass consciousness teachers was on, and he asked everyone listening to take a moment to concentrate on making the clock above Art's desk stop, and after a moment, it did indeed stop cold.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been listening since 1995 and still do if I'm up late at night. I still enjoy the show but it's never been quite the same without Art Bell at the mic.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
As a boy, I listened to the old ghost stories and crime stories on WOR (New York) which I loved, and later, in the 90's, discovered Art Bell, who interviewed me once. It was there that I fell in love with the C Crane "Trek light" flashlight! It was my first flashlight that cost more than $5 and introduced me to the world of people who liked flashlights. I thought I was the only one!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I catch it once in awhile when I'm working nights, mostly because I'd rather listen to talk radio than sports talk or music. I take everything on that show with a bucket of salt though.

I do like Inca Dance. Thanks for letting me know the name of that tune. Found an extended version of it here.

Frijid

Enlightened
I take everything on that show with a bucket of salt though.

i know right? tonight it's about planet x, end of the world and pole shifts. i thought that stuff would end with 2012, but i guess not. i'm off to the kitchen before it comes on to find a gallon of salt!

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I listen. I can't be bothered to track what's coming up so I'll tune in and if topics of the night bore me (Big Foot, Sun Block Dangers) it's iPod time.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
i know right? tonight it's about planet x, end of the world and pole shifts.

Well pole shifts are definitely real and inevitable, that's part of having a planet with a liquid metal core. And technically the world will eventually come to an end. Planet X is a bust, but the good news there is that we now know there are more planets than there are stars, so there's no shortage of other undiscovered planets.

Thnk of the show as campfire stories, not really a science show per se. It's okay to have tales of the local monster or unexplained phenomena thrown in there with interesting facts or the bizarre..

Frijid

Enlightened
Well pole shifts are definitely real and inevitable, . And technically the world will eventually come to an end.

i wonder if pole shifts are really earth ending if they would happen today? i heard the world will end in about 5 billions years when the sun goes red giant. i'll mark my calender to see that!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
i wonder if pole shifts are really earth ending if they would happen today? i heard the world will end in about 5 billions years when the sun goes red giant. i'll mark my calender to see that!

Pole shifts will mean your compass will need some radical realignment to use, and we're hoping migratory animals don't rely on magnetic north too much. Short of that, in the GPS era, there wouldn't be much effect on civilization. And the warming from the expansion of the Sun will vaporize everything on Earth long before it is swallowed up; all of which assumes we are never again struck by a large asteroid..

Frijid

Enlightened
And the warming from the expansion of the Sun will vaporize everything on Earth long before it is swallowed up; all of which assumes we are never again struck by a large asteroid..

in the future i'd say we'll have better asteroid defense, but as of right now, none of the known ones are on a certain path for us. i think.

my major point would be about a pole shift would be our "defense shield" against solar radiation would weaken or disappear completely while it is shifting

all the talk of the world ending, it sometimes isn't worth living with.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guilty as charged. :laughing: My favorite night is Friday night open lines.

I turn on Coast to Coast when I can't sleep at night. Most of it is baloney, while some things are fascinating. My favorite was the night they talked about people disappearing in the woods. No explanation for the disappearances. Very creepy listening to the stories. I was hooked so I looked up the guy being interviewed. Turns out he was a Bigfoot fanatic. Whoops.:rolleyes:

There was some comic relief to find out the guy was a bigfoot fanatic, but it doesn't change the fact there are documented cases of unexplained disappearances. That creeps me out a lot.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I actually kinda forgot about Coast to Coast AM. I remember stumbling upon it in the 90's late at night. I usually never listen to the radio late at night anymore, because I only listen to the radio while driving, not at home, and I am rarely still in my car late at night. Those days of driving home from late night parties or clubs are mostly a thing of the past, but could resurface(just without the drinking!) I did that every friday/saturday night from about 1985-2002....

But I see people here saying that the subject matter discussed on CTC AM isnt always true, or is pseudo-science. Well, dont you all know that you cant say things that arent true on radio or the internet? So it must be true! LOL

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
But I see people here saying that the subject matter discussed on CTC AM isnt always true, or is pseudo-science. Well, dont you all know that you cant say things that arent true on radio or the internet? So it must be true! LOL

I heard someone say once: "Information on the internet is as reliable as something scribbled on the back of the toilet door at a pub"

I've found it to be quite apt.

The mind bending bit is that because this information is now on the internet, it's not reliable... but because it's stating that fact it must be reliable... but it's not... but it must be...

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember, if "information on the internet is unreliable", this at times includes CPF; being the internet too, last I checked.

And anyone questioning or criticizing the veracity of the subject matter on Coast to Coast is missing the point of this oft entertaining show.

Frijid

Enlightened
Well, dont you all know that you cant say things that arent true on radio or the internet? So it must be true! LOL

Like the commericial says

"here comes my date, i met him on the internet, he's a french model. uh..... bonjour?? :crackup: