MC-E Devices Over Here

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the MC-E is not all that popular if compared with the other emitters such as XM-L, XP-G, etc etc. But I love the MC-E for the flood that it creates.
If you have any MC-E devices with you, please share them in this thread with possibly a picture or two.
This is a fun thread, nothing serious, so anything MC-E will be gladly appreciated.
:twothumbs

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
MY MC-E Devices / Lights.

1. Elektrolumens EDC MC-E.
Runs on a single 18650 in direct drive. Crazily bright wall of light.

ugase8at.jpg

uvyvy8u8.jpg

With UV on emitter.
tamu2eve.jpg

2. Elektrolumens Angle Lux MC-E
Runs on 2 D cell battery with some crazy runtime. Perfect for power outage use.
It comes with several colored filters where you can replace the lens and you will get diffused, red or blue light.

e9edu3es.jpg

nudu4asy.jpg

uqudaryp.jpg

saqu5yqe.jpg

eny3e9yr.jpg

Just realized that there is a filter included that gives "moon mode"
7ary4u8y.jpg

3. McGizmo Sundrop XRU MC-E
This is a 3v light engine which is fitted with a warm MC-E. A very small run was made for the Japanese market.

e5ygu9as.jpg

aqujyda4.jpg

bemuzu8y.jpg

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for starting this thread ... I, too, am a fan of MC-E :D

My own favorite MC-E is a milky Gossamer. I am not much of a photographer, though :shrug:

I really wish I had an MC-E Aleph/McGizmo LE - very cool ! :thumbsup:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 5B tint MC-E P60 from Nailbender and I love it. :)

I wish I could try out a boom reflector MC-E like the Alpha/Dark Sucks lights and the Elektro Lumens to see how those compare to a 'regular' OP reflector

archimedes

Flashaholic
....I wish I could try out a boom reflector MC-E like the Alpha/Dark Sucks lights and the Elektro Lumens to see how those compare to a 'regular' OP reflector

Ledil boom reflector works great with MC-E. I think you can even buy just the reflector alone from Prometheus (for modding) ....

burntoshine

Enlightened
My 2 MC-E lights: Eagletac M2SC4 and 4Sevens Quark RGB (both neutral white versions)

The LED on the EAGTAC is fine; it just looks funky in this picture. Weird angle and lighting, I think.

mceez_zps3ef910ad.jpg

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
I bought 1 Quark RGB (Cool White) and 1 Quark RGB (Neutral White) that use the CREE MC-E RGBW die. Nice not to have to mess around with changing filters. Couple these with some 18650 bodies and it's a nice combo. I use them only occassionally now. They are very, very floody, pretty much useless at distances greater than 10-15 feet though.

I don't have any pics to post. It's unfortunate that 4sevens is redirecting their old site to their new one. The new one doesn't have the history of their earlier (and now discountinued) models.

I found this review though:

http://www.laymanslights.venturous.org/blog/2010/01/4sevens-quark-rgb/

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I am pleasantly surprised that the MC-E has found its way into many other lights that I was not aware of.
The Quark RGB is about the only one using the MC-E RGB and that is an interesting light.
Prometheus Alpha is another one that I missed out. I had a chance to buy the TK40 sometime back but didn't. Not sure why it did not jump at me.
Elektrolumens uses the Ledil Boom reflector in his lights and it does a good job with MC-E.
I hope to see more lights. Thank you for your invaluable contributions to this thread.

Raze

Enlightened
Prometheus Alpha

ary3adeq.jpg

Edit: sorry Norm. Uploaded using Tapatalk 2. I didn't find the medium resolution option.

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited: