EagleTac TX25C2, G25C2 MkII or Sunwayman V20C

vondy

Newly Enlightened
So I've narrowed down my light purchase to these 3. Would love any thoughts from those who have them.

Sunwayman - love the interface with the infinitely variable level adjustments. Very simple. Guessing a great all around light. Only issue is the lack of lumens and throw. But being that I only have a 60 lumen flashlight now to compare to it might be great.

EagleTac TX25C2 and G25C2 - Similar interface but in steps, more lumens, more throw on the G25C2. Option for natural white LED. G25C2 is bigger and maybe not as floody. Both seem to have a large gap from low to medium.

If the Sunwayman had more lumens it would win hands down for me. So without being able to try them out, I'm stuck. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
belongs to Recommendations ;)

take a zebralight sc600 mkii with XM-L2!!

vondy

Newly Enlightened
Guess your right, don't see an option to move a thread though.

Don't like the zebralight's UI, or any that make you click, click, click. Thanks for the recommendation though.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
You want a side switch?
No = g25c2
Yes = tx25c2

Do you need the 40 meters more throw?

The G25C2 has an extra mode in between, 7 >86> 449 > 980 (after stepdown 765).
Instead of 7 > 459 > 965-746 (the step down/turbo boost).

vondy

Newly Enlightened
Making it tough. It's going to be either the V20c or G25C2. Anyone know if the V20C will take an EagleTac 3400? Where are you guys getting your batteries?

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt will be reviewing the TX25C2 XM-L2 U2 965 lumen model soon. Perhaps the G25C2 XM-L2 U2 as well. Let's see what he has to say. I have the TX25C2 if you have any questions. One thing of note that makes these a bit special, the Turbo Mode is regulated for constant brightness, as long as the cell has enough juice.

As always, what will you be using the light for? How will you be carrying it? The TX is my EDC that fits in my front pocket.

vondy

Newly Enlightened
I think the TX is out now, going from 8 to 557 is too much of a jump for me. If I had the money I would get the V20C and the G25C2. Mostly the light will be used around the house, walking the dog, camping. I also wanted something for my small boat when docking at night or needing to spot something in the lake. The V20C would work great for around the house, dog walking and most camping duty. Possibly the boat but I know the throw isn't that far.

The G25 has a more sensible medium at 85 or so lumens. The length is just a bit longer than my Surefire 6p but still way shorter than my Streamlight Poly Stinger so it should fit in my back pocket fine.

As much as I like the UI of the V20C I think I might end up missing the lumens. Can anyone speak to the spill or flood of the G25? Is it enough for task or too spotty?

So right now my shopping list is....
EagleTac G25C2 MKII T6 NEUTRAL
XTAR SP2 Li-ion Charger
2 EagleTac 18650 3400mAh

Subject to change of course.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
As much as I like the UI of the V20C I think I might end up missing the lumens. Can anyone speak to the spill or flood of the G25? Is it enough for task or too spotty?

If you get the accessory pack, you will have a diffuser that flips on and off at the flick of a thumb, making this mostly a non-issue.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get the accessory pack, you will have a diffuser that flips on and off at the flick of a thumb, making this mostly a non-issue.
I have both the V20C and the G25C2. Each has features that I like. The control ring on the V20C is very smooth and easy to use, and the hotspot is quite a bit bigger than the G25C2. The spill on the V20C is a bit bigger, but not by much.

I really like the build quality of the EagleTac lights. The thing that really sold me on the G25C2 though was the accessory kit. The flip-up lens holder is very well built and works great. Right now I have a red lens in there, but having the diffuser is really probably the most useful lens.

Last edited:

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
It really depends on your specific needs. The V20C and the G25C2 are both tail switched. The TX25C2 has a side switch. I use a tail switched light (Maelstrom X10) for my security work because there's no fumbling to find the button if I need to turn the light on in a hurry without looking. I have the TX25C2 XM-L2 and it's a nice, very bright and compact light, but the switch is pretty much flush with the body and gives very little tactile feed back - none when wearing gloves. So, I use the TX for off days and the X10 for work.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Sunwayman V20c. It doesn't really lack lumens because what it has is spread out nice for your eyes. It does lack throw. It should have more for it's size. It is a great general purpose quality light with an excellent beam. A 200 yard throw would make it a winner.
Can't help you on the Eagtac lights.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Eagletac G25C2 MkII with the flip up diffuser and color lens kit and am very pleased with this light.

It has the option to run two 18650 or 4 Surefire123's.

I have the Eagletac D25LC2 which is a good pocket light, but for high output it becomes too hot to be practical.

This my main reason for the use of the Eagletac G25C2 MKll. :thumbsup:

diablo266

Newly Enlightened
I'm also very interested in the V20c but have the same concerns about low output. Are there any other similarly sized alternatives with higher output? I also require some type of ring control, i despise pushing buttons to change the mode. The G25C2 has too large of a step for my uses, going from 8 lumens directly to 108 is just too much for me. I've been searching for a replacement for my surefire U2 ultra for some time now without much success.

vondy

Newly Enlightened
Wanted to follow up on this post. I ended up getting the G25C2 MkII. I'm really happy with it. Love the build quality, easy to use, nice and bright. I think my only complaint is there seems to be a faint spot dead center of the beam, I forget the correct term, donut? It's very faint but I pick up on it. Maybe from the lack of OP?

Other than that, great all around light for most of my needs. I might get myself the diffuser kit in the future. I even bought my wife the D25LC2 Clicky for mothers day.

Thanks for all the responses!

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted to follow up on this post. I ended up getting the G25C2 MkII. I'm really happy with it. Love the build quality, easy to use, nice and bright. I think my only complaint is there seems to be a faint spot dead center of the beam, I forget the correct term, donut? It's very faint but I pick up on it. Maybe from the lack of OP?

That's normal in this type of light. I've got lots of throwy lights from different manufacturers that exhibit this to some extent. I see few complaints from flashaholics, which are notorious for nitpicking, so I'm hesitant to even bring it up. It seems the more throwy, the more noticeable the donut. If you take your hotspot and shine it at an angle on the ground about 20 feet from you, the hotspot will consist of a bright ring with a dimmer center. I think it's an inherent flaw of the basic design of a smooth reflector with no orange peel. Keeping in mind the hotspot is produced from the reflector, look straight into a reflector, see the big hole in the middle where the LED is, that's the same hole I'm seeing in the hotspot.

8705410517_0fefeeae97.jpg

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thread.

Could anyone tell me which flashlight dissipates heat best between the TX25 or the G25 ?
Thanks.