PT Tec 40 4aa verses SL Pro Poly 4aa verses UK 4aa

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raven, I do have both, and the Xenon 4AA is really nice.The beam is even, and not as tiny as my 3C Xenon Streamlight. I have had a Browning 4AA for several years; they are very similiar to the Streamlight 4AA, except the Browning doesn't have the tail click switch. The SL beam quality is a bit superior to the Browning. I don't know if the tiny beam of the 3C is just my light, or is indicative of all of them.

Was hoping to compare some lights tonight with my new PT Surge, but alas, it arrived DOA; something amiss in the curtictry I suppose.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My TEC 40 and UK 4AA AS2 are two different animals. The TEC 40 (with KPR103 bulb) is both bright and well dispersed... easily lighting up a building +- 200 feet away... making buddy who owns an SL35X say "WOW".

My UK has a fairly tight, but still useful somewhat oval shaped beam. As it has a special bulb I have no way of trying anything to change it, but I like it just the same.

My only Streamlight Poly as of right now is a 2AA incandesent. It has pretty much a Lazer beam.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned the Tec 40 (took it back) and do now own the UK 4AA AS2.

I really love the UK 4aa AS2!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The big advantage of the TEC 40 & the 4AA Responder is that they are both 4AA PR based lights. Gives you a wide varity of bulbs to use, including LED's. Can't do this with the other lights. TX

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I had the Tec 40 and the Responder specifically for the ability to choose different PR based lamps. I miss that ability in the UK 4AA AS2...but, none the less, I really like the UK best of the 3 lights!

doubleE

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody have beamshots of these three lights?
Please??

-doubleE

Raven

Enlightened
Everyone loves the streamlight pro polymer 4aa led, but does the alkaline version beat out the PT Tec 40 4aa and the UK 4aa?

All are 4aa, but I've only used the UK. How does the SL and PT compare?

It might be kind of cool to have both the SL 4aa led and a matching SL 4aa alkaline. One for beam quality, and the other for beam distance.

Raven