e2e black clip

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... all of my E2/E2e's have black clips.

As for tightness...

After buying a bunch of SureFire E2's and E2e's, I've grown to accept that removing the belt clip, bending it back a bit, and re-attaching it is standard procedure.

Without that step, the clip is far too loose, and will come flying out of your belt pocket. A small allen wrench is all you need for the E2, and for the E2e, just remove the O-ring, and pull the belt clip off. (I usually use my lanyard to hook the top of the clip and pull hard....)

The only clip that was shipped to me SOOO tight that I couldn't even make use of the clip until I loosened it, was the E1... (though understandably, leverage is at work there...)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks...i hadn't even thought about bending it
rolleyes.gif

how old are yours? maybe it's just you-get-what-you-get.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
my surefire e2e came with a regular metal clip, but it was crooked. i e-mailed the wonderful people at surefire and "goerge" sent me a new clip. i got the package today, and opened it, inside was a little black clip.

is this new? i don't recall seing pictures of black clips...also, it isn't as tight as the one i was using before. i think i will keep using the clip i origionally had, as "less-loosability" is my preference.

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I don't recall when I actually purchased them, but the 5 GM E2's were purchased about 1.5 years ago. The HA E2 was purchased about 1 year ago, and the HA E1e and E2e were purchased somewhere in the last 6 months.

The fit and finish on all of them are excellent, so I don't think it's a flaw in the manufacturing process -- I suspect the belt clips are just slapped on without checking for how tighly the clip attaches to the body -- which is perfectly understandable.
smile.gif

Deviant

Enlightened
sodakar,

in the process of pulling the clip out was there any scratches? sounds like a tough job

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the last E2E i got about 2-3mos ago had a black clip. the first thing i do is swap it out for the longer M2 clip. the first few i got were really tight, the last one was loose. go figure?

Darell

Flashaholic
Removing the Exe clip is typically quite easy. Just remove that O-ring first and place the headless battery tube upside down on a sturdy surface. If you can't just shove the clip down with your hand, you'll need to get creative in using whatever you can find to help persuade it out of there. I've been able to get all of mine out with just hand pressure. The clip is just held into a T-slot with friction.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks guys. i got it working last night. as soon as sodakar mentioned bending it.

it isn't that the clip's were hard to take in or out, i just wanted a snug fit do i don't loose a $80 investment out of my pocket.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all. Ok, you can get the clip off...but how do you get the internal mechanism out of the tail cap?? Little help, por favor!

-Tung

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks guys, i bent it to the right tightness as soon as i read sodakars post.

actually, it wasn't that the clip wasn't tight enough in the head, it was that it wasn't tight enough to the body. i didn't want a $80 edc to fall out of my pocket...