Got bit by the flashoholic bug again.....

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
Been a while since I got caught up in buying lights. had a few nice ones from a few years ago. still got that OMG look with them to this day so I thought they were still quite good. Well, my friends wife asked me to find her husband a good light as a gift from her. Ouch, never do that to a recovering flashaholic. All the new emitters since I looked had me seeing stars!! So I had to start buying about every one so I could see what I liked compared to the old ones. Actually sold a few of my old lights but as you can see it probably didnt come close to covering the new lights I just had to have..... I think I bought 10 of the lights below just in the last month and a half ...... wife is not happy but boy when I light these suckers up I get that old flashoholic smile on my face again :D

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Aaronhome27/20130302_130529.jpg

From left to right: Crelant 7G6CS U3, Fenix TK35, Maglight Led, Fenix TK21 U2, Fenix PD32 UE, streamlight luxeum, UF 501B xpg-r5, Ultrafire p6 wannabe (oldie for sure), Fenix L2D Q5 w/ L1D body conversion kit, ultrafire cree oldie, Sunwayman V10R Ti+ w/ aa extender bored 18mm for 17500 cells, Fenix LD01 SS, tank007 E09

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Aaronhome27/20130302_131524.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Aaronhome27/20130302_130454.jpg

If anyone has any simple questions about any particular light or how they compare please feel free to ask and I will try to help out in any way I can. The best thrower out of the bunch is the crelant 7G6CS U3 to the far left. The best over all wow light is the sunwayman V10R Ti+ with extender bored to hold 17500 cells. But my EDC still remains the fenix LD01 SS model with 10440 battery. Just hard to beat the old classic and it still looks and runs like the day I got it and that is even after atleast a couple trips throught the washer and dryer.!! Anyway I thought I would just share my renewed obsession with some fellow flashoholics.

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
I sold all my 14500 lights and cells to move into the 18650 lights. I have cells pouring out my ears of the 18650 variety now. Until recently I had never owned a 123 / 18650 sized light. I was really into the 14500 and aaa lights before. Lights sure have come a long way since before and I am really digging the use of the 16mm-18mm cells.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks aaronhome27 for sharing your feelings and pictures, always nice to read such a things! :)

Regarding batteries non-flashoholic people don't like these "strange" models as CR123 and they prefer AAs, some of them use rechargeables. Therefore it's impossible to sell a CR123/18650 light no "normal" people. However, I am trying to persuade them to convert to 18650s: if they are used to recharge AAs they could charge 18650s instead, not more complicated and these cells have much more capacity.
But I am careful to advice them to get good protected cells and a good charger.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks aaronhome27 for sharing your feelings and pictures, always nice to read such a things! :)

Regarding batteries non-flashoholic people don't like these "strange" models as CR123 and they prefer AAs, some of them use rechargeables. Therefore it's impossible to sell a CR123/18650 light no "normal" people. However, I am trying to persuade them to convert to 18650s: if they are used to recharge AAs they could charge 18650s instead, not more complicated and these cells have much more capacity.
But I am careful to advice them to get good protected cells and a good charger.

Especially when Cr123s are five or six bucks each at the brick & mortar stores. And they don't understand that since generally the lights that use CR123s are brighter than the AA & AAA lights they are used to, why the batteries don't last longer than they do. Better off sticking with some of the better AA based lights (like the EA4) and teach them to use Eneloops.