What LED light of yours has seen the most run time?

Frijid

Enlightened
Here is mine, i bought it back in 2006 for 30 bucks. i used it all the time at night as a coon light, being on at least 5-6 hours straight (on high mode) every night i would go. (i would normally go about 4 days a week)

i rarely use it anymore because C batteries have gotten expensive.

here is the LED (sorry about the poor image, my camera is 7 years old)

the insides

here is a shot of the "head" and you can see the "vents" (i've nicknamed them the "vents" cause i really don't know what they are for. i know when the light is on, the "head" gets hot, so i just took it the "vents" were their to dissipate the heat)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
2s0hf60.jpg

Before new lights started coming out every week like mushrooms I used for a long while my SF U2

JCD

Enlightened
Surefire 6P with MC-E drop-in. For a little over three years, it served as the main part of my bike light setup. I would estimate that the emitter has 500-1000 hours of use, primarily on high. I'd post a picture, but I'm pretty sure most of us know what a user 6P looks like!

hikingman

Enlightened
Well, as could possibly be expected by my username, it is a LED Lenser H7 headlamp. After I got the highend flashlight bug, I've added all sorts of items -- some logical like like a Klarus XT20 (light and bright) to very illogical for hiking like an SR95. It just sits unused:sigh:

Dave

nbp

Flashaholic
I've bought and sold so many over the years, but probably my Haiku. That has seen almost two years of EDC.

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
This is a picture of my old LED Lenser, 3 AAA tactical light with endcap clicky switch.
juJ2yEq.jpg

One mode, high power which I think was 85 claimed lumens? I used this thing everyday for 7 years. Got it at home depot for 50 bucks in 2005 and gave it away to a kid in need just last year. All scratched up and working fine.

Very dependable light. Dropped it, washed it in my pants, rolled it down the driveway... Literally ran it out of batteries as a handy man working at a 33,000 sf mansion. That is a job where you use a flashlight all day, every day as most of the lights in the house are kept off because there are so many rooms/nooks to light.

I found you guys last year and upgraded to one of these:
dxLKj3x.jpg

This thing works flawless. I don't like that high power comes on first, but I know why it does so I just suffer and click it through to low usually. I love this light but I think that it will live in my truck for emergencies because...

I just ordered this.
CdUdCmb.jpg

Well, not exactly that. That is just the pic at Mac's website. I ordered the Titanium XM-L version with the clip. No crenelations or glow stuff. Just the old light that I have wanted since I saw it in some pilots EDC on some random webpage a while ago. Good God. I may need help.:crackup:

Cypher_Aod

Enlightened
My most used light is my Surefire C2-HA with a Nailbender XP-G 3000k HCRI dropin. I love the colour and the beam pattern so very much, it's perfect for everything I've ever needed it for, and it's even better since the Sanyo UR16650ZT cells became available, replacing my old AW 17670s.

It's been dropped in traffic, thrown out of my hands a couple of times and generally had a rough time, but that light keeps on going and will probably do so until the end of time. I replaced the bezel with a Xeno stainless steel one because I was worried about denting the edge of the head and cracking the lens, but those fears evaporated when I saw how thick the lens was :D

fishx65

Enlightened
My modded Propolys and my SS aaa Maratacs have, by far, the most hours on them. I'm a hunting and fishing lunatic!!!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AAX NW, on 0.3 moonlight mode.

It's a bright floody moonlight mode, too bright when you first wake from sleep, but for me it hits a particular sweet spot of illumination vs runtime. With mostly night-adapted eyes it's just the right book reading level, more than enough for close task work with your hands, great ceiling bounce night light - I'll use it continuously for hours while camping and in bed (trying not to wake the Mrs.). The ~200 hr per AA runtime makes it about the only light/mode that doesn't run that nagging battery timer in the back of my head.

2012 D25A clicky has the same level, but as a AA/14500 moonlight mode collector, I find it pretty rare, and so bought multiple copies of both.

Imon

Enlightened
Oh whoops, completely misread the title of the thread (stupid me :p).

In terms of which one of my lights has seen the most runtime it would have to be my SF E2L Outdoorsman.
Brilliant name by SF calling it the Outdoorsman - I can't go on a camping/hiking trip without it now! Been using it for about 4-5 years now.

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be a toss up between my Malkoff MD2, TK40 and TK41. They were my primary dog walking lights. I think the E50 has replaced them all for that particular task. I'll still use the MD2 as a backup light when walking the dog, but the TK40/41 have become all but redundant.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
My go to is the Klarus XT11. I use that one light more than any of the others on a daily basis.

I have an Xtar Meteor that is catching up though, its a lot newer, but, its way more handy than I had thought it would be (~ 2.5" long, and 500 lumens, magnetic base, chain with lobster claw, etc.)

The ZL SC600 was very close.

The rest are used more situationally as appropriate. That might also be daily, but less as a default.

:D

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My most used light would be my EX10, got it when it came out and used it since as my EDC. I also bought the tritium piston and the clip for it. Still my favorite EDC as I never found a similar UI.

rayman