Dereelight Xsearcher spotlight grip

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Turned a powerful but clumsy, head heavy light into a very controllable spotlight. You can reach the
switch with your thumb. Next I am going to try the extension with a pressure switch attached to
the front of the grip.

Xsearcher1_zpsf4cd56fd.jpg

Xsearcher2_zps52d73788.jpg

Xsearcher3_zpsf3545f34.jpg

Items list

Dereelight Xsearcher
Schneider 68mm push-on lens cap
TPS CORA I picatinny accessory ring
ProMag verticle grip
A band of shrink tubing on light to protect tube finish

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
Turned a powerful but clumsy, head heavy light into a very controllable spotlight. You can reach the
switch with your thumb. Next I am going to try the extension with a pressure switch attached to
the front of the grip.

Xsearcher1_zpsf4cd56fd.jpg

Xsearcher2_zps52d73788.jpg

Xsearcher3_zpsf3545f34.jpg

Items list

Dereelight Xsearcher
Schneider 68mm push-on lens cap
TPS CORA I picatinny accessory ring
ProMag verticle grip
A band of shrink tubing on light to protect tube finish

i would love to see this badboy in action,will you make avideo of this light? im torn between this and the armytech barracuda, i havent been able to see any vids of the barracuda at night either.light it up!!!:thumbsup:

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, the only video capable device I have is a cell phone. That isn't going to do this justice.

Barracuda and Xsearcher are different class lights, one being reflector and the other aspheric. The Barracuda will certainly throw but will have considerable spill. This actually interfears with your ability to see at a distance since you have glare back from close objects. The Xsearcher has no spill. It shoots a well defined beam. You will actually hurt yourself trying to walk around in the dark with this light as it does not light your path.

I have both the XM-L U3 and XR-E EZ900 pills for this light. I believe I read somewhere that saabluster rated this light at 102kcd for the XM-L and 182kcd for the XR-E. That would put it at 639 meters and 853 meters. I certainly believe it does every bit of that. The XM-L throws a good usable width beam. The XR-E beam is roughly one quarter the size of the XM-L beam but considerably more intense. Takes a bit more hunting around to find your object with it though unless your looking at a great distance. It will certainly put a grin on your face every time you strike it!

Last edited:

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, the only video capable device I have is a cell phone. That isn't going to do this justice.

Barracuda and Xsearcher are different class lights, one being reflector and the other aspheric. The Barracuda will certainly throw but will have considerable spill. This actually interfears with your ability to see at a distance since you have glare back from close objects. The Xsearcher has no spill. It shoots a well defined beam. You will actually hurt yourself trying to walk around in the dark with this light as it does not light your path.

I have both the XM-L U3 and XR-E EZ900 pills for this light. I believe I read somewhere that saabluster rated this light at 102kcd for the XM-L and 182kcd for the XR-E. That would put it at 639 meters and 853 meters. I certainly believe it does every bit of that. The XM-L throws a good usable width beam. The XR-E beam is roughly one quarter the size of the XM-L beam but considerably more intense. Takes a bit more hunting around to find your object with it though unless your looking at a great distance. It will certainly put a grin on your face every time you strike it!
thankyou! i will be getting this after the barracuda, i need some flood, but i want this light to!! it never stops!....