just built regular mclux, cool

roguesw

Enlightened
just finished testing the regular mclux, all i can say is cool, now i have a light for all occasions, close up, medium range and long throw, accomplished with mcflood, nx05, and pr. This is really versatile package, i might have to carry all the different heads now in a little container with batteries and i think i am set for edc. A common powerpack takes care of the needs, its like having 3 different lights in one light. this is too much fun, building it and then using it. i cant wait for the next mclux evolution, turbo head? ala photon king?
or, maybe a double barrel powerpack so i can have both the mclux and pr on at the same time, saves having to switch out heads. anyways, gonna go for more testing in the yard.
cheers
Des

richpalm

Banned
If you ever get tired of it see me first! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are gorgeous, aren't they?

Rich

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
roguesw,
That pr that you mentioned, is that a Pelican reflector? Did you manage to shoe horn one in the McLux? If so, how?

roguesw

Enlightened
Chop, thats just the regular mclux pr head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i wish i could shoehorn that in, i did take a look at it, but it would involve turning the reflector down itself, and you would lose the surface. i think if you turn the reflector to remove the material, you would lose the throw as well.
my edc is just the regular mclux head, with the mclux pr head in a box with some spare battereis. now, just waiting to get a fraen optic and that should complete the collection for the mclux in terms of useability.

Latest posts