Crelant V11A Review

firelord777

Enlightened
Flashlights are a daily part of our lives. Well, at least for flashaholics. There are various classes of flashlights. One being the EDC class. This category is completely defined by each individual. If someone has an 100 pound flashlight that blasts a gazillion lumens and EDCs it, that, is their EDC class (I wouldn't want to see his big boy lights though). :ironic:
So, where am I getting to? Basically, what we have here today is, for the most part, I believe, the general EDC style flashlight. It's the V11A. The Crelant V11A.
Please note that the light is capable of giving out 450 lumens with a 14500 lithium battery, which I don't own. So what you'll see later on is actually like the V11A on some anesthetics. :thinking:
WGTmVJN.jpg

34DgQUu.jpg

TfKbRKV.jpg

Ud4R5jW.jpg

0jIfWBg.jpg

wv53DYz.jpg

Flashlight? Check
Lanyard? Check
O-rings? Check
Warranty Card? Check
Cool looking packaging? Check
This is the standard checklist when buying any sort of light. But below, is the real EDC checklist:
Small flashlight that you can take anywhere? Check
Bright enough to light up half the city? (Check back on this one in a few years):cool:
Doesn't weigh more than 50 lbs.? Check. Totally.
Construction
The finish is well made, I've put it through some tight situations already, and is holding up like a pro. I have no other significant discoveries other than that the chicks really dig the stainless steel bezel and clip…:naughty:
S91qCyy.jpg

7C6NLlu.jpg

c2abk6p.jpg

PcwRkJq.jpg

Ar1D4Fk.jpg

p9lsV29.jpg

The V11A can tailstand off or on,
CEAIbF1.jpg

AtJT051.jpg

UjPbGzT.jpg

iKCSGp7.jpg

Z4iutZj.jpg

h1YZ4wX.jpg

There seems to be a circular gap, but there is an intergrated battery holder deeper inside the battery tube that holds the AA securely in place.
uCUaSvj.jpg

DfC7JjG.jpg

m0DQF44.jpg

iBZKu26.jpg

WSyx6vD.jpg

So, who are we up against?
Well, good question guys. Some tough competitors are the Fenix LD12, and to a lesser extent, the Xtar WK50. These two flashlights both use AA, and operate an XP-G R5 LED, which is from what I remember, more efficient than the V11A's XM-L on lower drive currents. So runtime/lumens is slightly superior on these two. However, the V11A ultimately is noticeably brighter than both of these lights, I estimate maybe hitting a good 175 lumens on a AA NIMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) compared to the 150 lumens the Fenix and Xtar provide.
However, the build is the one I am sort of stuck on. The Fenix honestly feels better made, and has a lower low than the rest of the lights. But it's more expensive than both of the other lights, at ~$50.
Ask yourself, do you want brightness, or a slightly superior quality light with slightly less lumens?
Brightness- V11A (If you have a 14500, definitely get it, it'll be a 450 lumen beast)
Reliability- Fenix LD12
uZzaYQX.jpg

kUR0Xjo.jpg

BWNSLNs.jpg

hPusj01.jpg

x9S8nSE.jpg

RbFc8y9.jpg

Whitewall Beamshots (or should I say whitedoor?)
2LX9fz0.jpg

First up is the Crelant V11A
High:
zMGXDEw.jpg

Mid:
XZy9bCI.jpg

Low:
1Jzl1IY.jpg

Next is the Fenix LD12:
Turbo:
mtycreP.jpg

High:
ZhCCbBl.jpg

Low:
zETVPs5.jpg

Ultra Low:
UXmt0Cb.jpg

And last but not least, the Xtar WK50:
High:
JDtugR0.jpg

Mid:
B2ye0r7.jpg

Low:
Hwu5TiE.jpg

Direct Comparisons:
Crelant V11A will always be at the right,
VS. Fenix LD12
h7lhV00.jpg

ZUDG4Gy.jpg

fvR1gWI.jpg

VS. Xtar WK50
ie0bBcO.jpg

ydW8wvn.jpg

lkskoqF.jpg

Well, you still haven't told how the thing even works…
Patience my friends. The V11A UI is actually very straight forward.
Okay, you have 3 modes. No fancy or obstructing disco modes. The only modes here are flashlight modes.:thumbsup:
ez4k4Fc.jpg

So, lets's say you turn on the flashlight and it comes on high. Now, lets say you want to go to mid. Turn it off and on again within a second or two. Voila! It comes on mid.
Now, to go to low, however, requires an IQ of 467.27, so 99% of the human population won't be able to access low. Sorry guys, I guess I'm just too smart…:mad:
JUST KIDDING!
Seriously, to go to low, just follow the same thing you did to get to mid. Turn it off and on again, either by fully pressing the button or by momentary on.
If you leave the flashlight off for more than 3 seconds, the flashlight's CPU will remember the mode you left it on.
And there you have it!
Waterproof Test:
Welcome to boot camp V11A. If you manage to pass this test, you are automatically promoted to the rank of hardcore!:sigh:
Let the gauntlet begin!!!:eek:
eWdcNvZ.jpg

229QnLM.jpg

Mm, better start getting that certificate…
SmjXxMz.jpg

Ok V11A, now you're just showing off.
8tvMVsd.jpg

etMIuIL.jpg

Fine. You win.
Conclusion
The V11A is a great little light. I've been EDCing mine to school for almost a month now. Of course, my classmates never can seem to resist the urge to ask me what new lights I have to show them. This one was interesting. As in, the types of reactions.
Some were like cool. Others were like "where is the one with four heads? Darn, I really wanted to see it."
6Sux6MJ.jpg

Some across the room were like "Oh no, here comes Alain again with his little own private flashlight show. I hope I don't get blasted in the face…"
uIEKiWD.jpg

Some really like the stainless steel parts of the V11A, to quote her "these shiny parts are cute."
As far as dealers and distributors for the light, the one I totally recommend is madecov. From all my experiences with him, it's safe to say he is an ambitious dealer and doubles as an FFL dealer. Gives discounts too if you're a public servant.:thumbsup::rock:
http://www.md-lightsource.com/
OVgIIaI.jpg

If you have any sort of question or request, feel absolutely free to post it here or shoot me a PM, I would be glad to help my fellow CPFers,
Cheers,
Alain

Gloh

Newly Enlightened
How's it holding up since you got it? Is it HAIII?

Nice review!