Fenix E0 dart RIP

IcantC

Enlightened
So finally my trusty Fenix E0 died, Oct 07-Mar 13. I tried new batteries, cleaned everything and no luck :(. I think I bought it from 4sevens back in the day, doubt covered under warranty? Time to find a new replacement :D.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
So finally my trusty Fenix E0 died, Oct 07-Mar 13. I tried new batteries, cleaned everything and no luck :(. I think I bought it from 4sevens back in the day, doubt covered under warranty? Time to find a new replacement :D.

Pretty sure it will not be under warranty any more. That's too bad, if my E01 died I'd be pretty sad myself. What do you have in mind for it's replacement?

I'm curious how much progress there has been since the release of the Nichia GS? I really would love to see a next generation of Fenix 1AAA 5MM lights. Not going to hold my breath on that one, the 5MM seems to be unfavorable, lost and forgotten.

IcantC

Enlightened
So I figured I'd disassemble the light, try to find the issue and possibly mod it. It has a lot of white epoxy and would take forever to remove. I started chipping some away and then just pushed the guts back into the head. I figured it wasn't worth the time. As I screwed the head on the body, the light now works again! Perhaps there was a loose solder that I fixed when I pushed the guts out.

I do have an E01 laying around that I might use otherwise. I might pickup down the line another thrunite Ti