building my first mode- Maglite 3D XML

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
first to all-sorry for my wrong english, I am not from the USA
I'm want to build my first modified flashlight project. the host going to be Maglite 3D incandescent, and I'm going to put in the flashlight 3*18650 batteries (with appropriate sleeve), H22A heatsink, XML led and driver.
I haven't any advanced technical and electronic knowledge because it's my first project. I have several questions about the flashlight building,so please help me-
1.Are glass lens necessary for projects like this? (if yes, are the MagCharger lens fit the maglite 3D incandescent? and is the Maglite 3D led comes with glass lens?)
2.where can I find an aluminium reflector for my project? do you know which size of reflector I need? (diameter,length etc.) is the Maglite 3D led reflector Appropriate for my project?
thanks advance and have a nice day:twothumbs

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
1.Are glass lens necessary for projects like this? (if yes, are the MagCharger lens fit the maglite 3D incandescent? and is the Maglite 3D led comes with glass lens?)
2.where can I find an aluminium reflector for my project? do you know which size of reflector I need? (diameter,length etc.) is the Maglite 3D led reflector Appropriate for my project?
thanks advance and have a nice day:twothumbs

1. No
2. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. More flood? More throw?
DX has a very good array of reflectors that will fit the(52mm) 3D mag. The 52.8mm ones fit well with no modification needed although it spaces the bezel from the head due to the thicker lip. Read the reviews on those reflectors @ DX and you'll see others using them successfully in m@gs.

I see from your posts that you keep saying these are your first mods, if this is the case, I strongly recommend you invest in a caliper.

Also read these threads for tons of useful information on modding m@gs.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
1. No
2. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. More flood? More throw?
DX has a very good array of reflectors that will fit the(52mm) 3D mag. The 52.8mm ones fit well with no modification needed although it spaces the bezel from the head due to the thicker lip. Read the reviews on those reflectors @ DX and you'll see others using them successfully in m@gs.

I see from your posts that you keep saying these are your first mods, if this is the case, I strongly recommend you invest in a caliper.

Also read these threads for tons of useful information on modding m@gs.

thank you so much :twothumbs
and I prefer more throw for my mod, max throw as possible...

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
No sweat, it's how I got started.

For max throw get a smooth (smo), deep reflector. Or an aspheric lens which can also be found at DX(keep in mind that this will create ALL throw no spill) unless you can twist the head to adjust the focal point.