Anyone know the CP or Lumen rating for a PT Rage??

jbroker83

Enlightened
Okay--I own just about every Princeton Tec flashlight---the 40 is rated at 28 lumens, and the little Blast is rated at 14....but the packaging for the RAGE doesn't have a lumen rating....anyone have any info on it????

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rage is rated by PT at 41 lumens, believe it or not. I choose not.

When I test both lights on my lightbox apparatus with new batteries, I get:

Tec40 reads 2850
Rage reads 2700

So overall output on new batteries is very similar per my apparatus. I don't know how they came up with the Rage being over 25% brighter than the Tec40... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

jbroker83

Enlightened
Thanks for the info---Yes, I have compared the Rage to the 40, and there is no way that they can say the Rage is brighter....unless they are measuring a small little section of the beam...my 40 is overall, much brighter. This past weekend I was in a very big building with no lights...for a game -- my 40 was plenty bright in there, noticed that the candela for the rage was not nearly as big as the 40, but the rage more than held it's own. Just recieved my Surge today in the mail, wish I would've had that this past weekend. A friend (clueless about flashlights) couldn't believe how much light the 40 put out for it's size, until I let him borrow my TL-3--- I think I may have converted him into a beginning flash-o-holic!