You can only have (1)...thats it.

Wave

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'm new here. I never did realize how many people were that fanatical abought their lights, I thought it was only us "buffy" cops, firemen, and high speed, low drag operators.

For the longest time it was a Streamlight Stinger, as thats what all the other cops were carrying around. Then I picked up my first SureFire...a G2, the actual light produced and the interchangeability/compatibility with other SureFire's amazes me.

So here I am thinking, with X-mas around the corner what should Santa get me? Bright, Tough, and weapons mountable are all requirements. Help this newbie out!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Surefire LED light for weapons mount, the X200?

It is pretty bright for an LED, tough granted its a SF weapons light, and you can mount it on a weapon (pistol I assume.) Plus no bulb to mess with, its an LED light so the bulb lasts forever, well not forever but long enough.

I was really surprised at the size of my SF E2e when I got it and the wieght, its pretty darn light. The 60 lumens is also very bright (granted not as bright as my Scorpion) but a longer run time in a smaller package.

Seeing you are a cop, www.tigerlight.net I have the 8 inch non OC version and man think the G2 is bright at 65/120 lumens, try the Tigerlight, the beam is not perfect, but acceptable in real world conditions (not like most of us who shine lights at a wall indoors in the dark lol.)

Christmas is right around the corner. A few UCL's for me, maybe a E1e with KL4 head and MN01 assembly (from TW, but maybe in January, gotta let me finances level out.)

PS. Welcome to CPF

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wave, welcome to CPF!
...only have 1?!
FuggetaBOWWWet! You pho'ken nuts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Stinger line is a workhorse for many and has served adequately. There are certainly better product in terms of build quality, and the uniformity of the projected spot of the poduct light output (what many here refer to as the "beam").

The state of the current available flashlight products somewhat precludes owning "...just one." Makers are producing a miriad of flashlights addressing numerous applications.

Tell us what you have in mind and enjoy the board.

KT

Wave

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, you're right, "Just One" doesn't count around here :)

I guess I should state that when I meant "weapon mountable" I meant the ability to mount the light specifically onto an AR-15 type rifle(Knights RAS system) and to stand up to repeated recoil.

I'm leaning towards the SureFire M4, but ouch the hit to the wallet is gonna hurt! Boys with their toys, I suppose...

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys be nice he willsoon have more than one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wave

Newly Enlightened
How about the TigerLight?
flashBoth.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot about the weapons mounted on a Knight's RAS in my first post which was corrected in my second post.

I would not recommend the Tigerlight to be mounted on a weapon but the pepper spray version is a good combo to use with a pistol in an officers situation. The pistol and light can be used to distract, making a guy think oh gun and light, they won't shot me, then you cover the person's face with a few shots of OC.

I hear Tigerlight is coming out with the OP6 for weapons mount.

Why not get all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Tigerlight with OC for belt carry and the SF lights for weapons mount?

Wave

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JasonC8301 said:
I would not recommend the Tigerlight to be mounted on a weapon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tigerlight was not designed to be mounted on a weapon. From looking through all the videos and their website. The OC version was designed to give a person a non-lethal solution to level a problem.

Mounting the Tigerlight on a weapon also disables the pepper spray capability.

One last thing is the weight and size. The Tigerlight is not what I call small (I have the 8 inch non OC version.) With the OC abaility, the size is a 11 inch 20 ounce + light that would make the weapon so un-balanced it would risk accuracy.

If you are located anywhere near Port Jefferson/Stony Brook or in the Amityville/Copaigue area. I can surely let my 8 inch TL be taken for a test drive.

Wave

Newly Enlightened
Hey, JasonC8301, I appreciate the offer and as an up and coming flashaholic I already ordered one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Whether I use it on my AR15 or not is not important but I like the idea that I can if I wanted to, I'll buy that SureFire M4 Devastator sooner or later.

Plus I did a search around here and the general concensus is that the TigerLight is a worthwhile purchase. Good enough for me.

Oh yeah, I'm about a 10 minute drive away from Stony Brook in a funny named town that begins with an "H"