Calling Fenix LD15 owners

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
I'm really intrigued by this light and got a few questions for owners.

1. Size - Description says 80mm x 16mm diameter. One review says this is about the same size as a Chapstick tube (about a quarter inch longer but same diameter), which is great because I EDC my Chapstick and never notice it in my pocket, so this was a good reference. Could anyone confirm these measurements? I've been duped before by online measurement details only to receive it in the mail and it's measured differently. If it's not too much to ask, could you take a picture of the LD15 with a tube of Chapstick, if available? It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Exposed Brass - Reviews have stated than when the head is twisted off, there is a gap that exposes the inner brass leaving the light accessible to dirt and moisture, etc. Any comments on this? My pocket does get full of lint and the likes of dirt, sand from time to time, I wouldn't want this to interfere with the light internally in any way. Just want to hear what you guys have to say about this.

Those 2 are my main inssues, any other pro's or cons about this light? Would love to hear any other info.

Thank you all.

tam17

Enlightened
1. Size - Description says 80mm x 16mm diameter. One review says this is about the same size as a Chapstick tube (about a quarter inch longer but same diameter), which is great because I EDC my Chapstick and never notice it in my pocket, so this was a good reference. Could anyone confirm these measurements? I've been duped before by online measurement details only to receive it in the mail and it's measured differently. If it's not too much to ask, could you take a picture of the LD15 with a tube of Chapstick, if available? It would be greatly appreciated.

Overall measurements can differ 2-3mm, depending on whether the battery is inside or not, or the light being on or off. My LD15 is currently loaded with Duracell 2450mAh copper top and in "off" state it measures 82mm overall (brass showing). It measures 80mm when it's empty, though (head screwed down). I'm not sure which brand of chapstick you're referring to, but it's almost certainly not a Croatian brand which is the most common type in this corner of Europe.

2. Exposed Brass - Reviews have stated than when the head is twisted off, there is a gap that exposes the inner brass leaving the light accessible to dirt and moisture, etc. Any comments on this? My pocket does get full of lint and the likes of dirt, sand from time to time, I wouldn't want this to interfere with the light internally in any way. Just want to hear what you guys have to say about this.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard (recently). Even when the brass is exposed, the innards of the light are fully protected with a beefy O-ring. If you lube it a lot, an occasional wipe with a handkerchief is enough to get rid of the collected lint. All this is an experience from 2 years of living with a LD15 :grin2:

Cheers