Did you party/socialize more when you were younger than you do now?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the time I turned 16 and was able to drive, it became seemingly crucial for me and my friends to find a party or social gathering literally every Friday and Saturday night, bar none! I started working while in school as soon as I got my 1st first car on loan payments. So I lived for the weekends. If I couldnt find a good party or social gathering of some sort, and ended up losing even one night to boredom, or even if I found a party but it was kinda lame, I would be really bummed out. I wanted to start every school/work week knowing that I'd had one heck of a time on Friday and Saturday nights! But by the early-mid 90's, I also hung out with friends on 1-2 or even 3 weeknights as well some times having mini, mid-week parties. :thumbsup:

That continued til I was in my early 30's for the most part, but by the mid 90's if I didnt find the ultimate party it wasnt as big a deal as before. By then most of my long time partying friends had either gotten married, moved, or simply left the party lifestyle and didnt go out much or at all anymore.

I also quit drinking about 1998 because I simply lost interest in it, and it just didnt make me feel the same as it did years before anyway, and usually it just made me tired or burnt out, instead of giving me the beer-courage and lowering my inhibitions as before. Now I turn down drinks 99% of the time.

But mostly, I just kinda lost that unstoppable urge to party over time. I certainly dont miss the hangovers anymore. I dont miss working on a Saturday with a hangover every now and then! Since then I've seen people drinking and acting like I undoubtedly did back in the day, and I realize how silly it looks when you arent drinking! :laughing:

I do need to get out and socialize more, but the fact that most of my night-time socializing involved beer buzzes all around, makes me wonder if I'd just be bored hanging out completely sober at a club or bar(or party). I go out to dinners somewhat frequently, but thats dinner...

Were/are you a party animal back in the day or still? If not, what changed for you?:shrug:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Major party animal back in the day...70's-80's- early 90's, marriage, children and maturity slowed it to a trickle if even that anymore, can't say I miss it but I do have some good memories. :naughty:

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
After a typical school week, I really never had much energy left on weekends to socialize, so the answer is no. I did have daily contact with friends which I miss now.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
HighlandarNorths' first post sounds like I wrote it myself. I just lost interest in partying. Most of my socializing is at work now. I do visit friends on weekends but not in a partying atmosphere.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work to afford my weekends.
I look forward to Mondays though, it means i can catch up on sleep.
I can't stay up/out as long as i used to

Frijid

Enlightened
I'm still "young" (20's) and i've never been to a party/get together.

If i'm this lame now, imagine how i'll be when i'm 50!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work to afford my weekends.
I look forward to Mondays though, it means i can catch up on sleep.
I can't stay up/out as long as i used to

^That used to be very true for me too. Weekend entertainment expenses were my priority back then. When I was 17, I looked 17, so there's no way anyone would think I was of drinking age(over 21), but in Pa they have 'beverage' stores that sell beer only(no hard liquor), and there was this one beverage store on my way home from work that sold beer by the case or keg only, and they served me without ever questioning my age or asking for an ID, so I stopped there every Friday after school and work, after cashing my check. I'd usually get a case of Grizzly or Moosehead for Friday night. Then on Saturdays I'd get one of my 21 year old friends(or someone who looked 21) to get our microbrew mixed six packs from Md. I didnt look forward to Mondays though, because that meant Friday was a long ways away, and there were 5 days of school and work left! Thats especially true if I had a boring weekend, because then I'd have to make up for it the next weekend.... Now that I work for myself, week days and weekends kind of just blur together. Its all the same now because I may work weekends and take off some weekdays, or vice versa. Plus I dont party anymore.