maratac AAA and titanium innovations AAA flicker won't turn on??

mike280z

Newly Enlightened
So I have two lights I would like to fix. But I'm not sure where to start... The problem is not dirty contact points... I've cleaned and cleaned again.

The problem is when you turn the light on you don't get anything.. However if you give it a light tap on the table in just the right angle the light will come on for me (maratac only/.... The ti innovations AAA just flickers for a split second and goes off...

Any ideas.. I am past warranty and part of me is curios to the inner workings anyway... But I am not sure where to start... It seems like a lose contact. I connected a battery to some wires and held them in place to no aid..

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try it with jumpers. The negative contact is the outer ring, the positive the middle ring. If that's reliable, then you have a contact problem. If not, think about your driver's solder joints being bad.

mike280z

Newly Enlightened
Try it with jumpers. The negative contact is the outer ring, the positive the middle ring. If that's reliable, then you have a contact problem. If not, think about your driver's solder joints being bad.

Well is there a special tool needed to get the electronics out to check the soldering....? Will it twist out? I tried two sewing needles in the holes... Didn't budge. Didn't want to chip the board