**NEW** Sunwayman T21CS (1*18650, Rechargeable)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this
http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201303/116.html

Features

● CREE XM-L U3 LED, with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours;
●Tail cap tactical forward clicky switch, slightly depress the side switch for different output modes:
one turbo mode, three constant output modes, hidden strobe, slow strobe, police strobe and SOS functions(below is the output and runtime of using one single 18650).
Turbo mode : 600 lumens
Three constant output modes: 350 lumens (2.4hrs) – 75 lumens (12hrs) – 8 lumens (104hrs)
● Constant current circuit, constant output;
● Effective range of 300 meters;
● Uses one single 18650 or two CR123A/RCR123A/16340 batteries;
● Built-in charging module, can be applied to one 18650 battery, NOT 16340 or RCR123A batteries;
● Working voltage: 3~8.4V;
● High quality metal reflector maintains great throw distance and spread with an ideal beam pattern;
● Dimensions: 153.8mm (length) x 41.3mm (head diameter) x 30mm (tail diameter);
● Weight: 163g(battery excluded);
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy, solid and stable construction;
● Military specification Type III- hard anodized body;
● Waterproof, in accordance with IPX-8 standard;
● Ultra-clear tempered glass lens resists scratches and impacts;
● Tactical tail cap press button switch for momentary on;
● Accessories: charger, holster, O-ring, rubber cap, plug, lanyard.

kj2

Flashaholic
Looking good :)
Wonder what the price will be..

If the price is right, it will be on my watch/to-buy list.

Last edited:

Filip11

Newly Enlightened
I was just about to buy Fenix TK 22, but suddenly this popped out. :devil: It looks great, but does anyone know how would that input/hole for charger hold up with rain, snow, water etc?

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Dimensions: 153.8mm (length) x 41.3mm (head diameter) x 30mm.
Whowww, THAT is a large head for a single 18650 Light.!!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, sorry, my European symbols/ pricing translation isn't very good. But anyway battery junction seems to have it for sale now, $105, though it says out of stock so maybe only a temporary page before it releases?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sunwayman-t21cs-u3.html

First we must translate the price from Euros to dollars, with the lowered value of the dollar in mind. So, if the light will cost 105 Euros, then the final dollar cost of the light should be somewhere in the $425 to $510 range..... LOL

Seriously though, I am curious about the advertised brightness on turbo. This light comes with the XM-L U3 which is supposed to be more efficient and a bit brighter than the U2. The light that it is replacing is the T20CS, which comes with the U2, but its rated at 658 lumens, although in actuality it might be lower than that when measured OTF. But this will be the first time I've seen the next generation of a model of flashlight that comes with the next generation LED, which ends up being less bright than its predecessor. It must be by design, but I wonder why?

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
It not only has "just" 600 lumens but also thermal stepdown after 3 minutes! It's not the brightest light with very efficient emitter, pretty big for 1x18650 and still has heat issues? For over $100 I'm off, EagleTac G25C2 is better in almost every way.

PS. T21CS also has quite complicated UI. 4 modes, 2 switches, how hard can it be?

kj2

Flashaholic
Available to preorder from sunwayman.co.uk for 92 Euros. Makes the best guess US pricing around $150.

http://www.sunwayman.co.uk/viewitem.php?productid=77

$150? the US/HK price will be ca. $105-110

That is £92.99. That is around 108 Euro.

Dealer here has it listed for €130,- Does come with "free" 18650 battery. Have this light back on my watch-list, but think most people will go for the Eagletac G25C2 MII or Olight M22.

kj2

Flashaholic
So is anyone planning to do a review on this light? :)

Edit; Selfbuilt will do a review but will take a few weeks before it's ready.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Have asked SWM, if they will update this light to xm-l2. They said; yes, but not yet because of the stock. So we should see a new version anytime soon :)