Removing rubber boot form LSH-P Kroll Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!

I have read the very detailed and excellent post by Peter on Kroll Switch Maintenance. However, the only small detail that seems to have been overlooked is...how do you remove the rubber cover?

I know it must be obvious and easy...but I do not want to take the chance of tearing it up.

So can anyone tell me how to do this? Is there a small lip on the rubber boot?

Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated or, even better, pictures!

Thanks in advance!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you've already removed the kroll switch, simply pull the rubber boot off the switch. it should come off easily since the rubber is pretty stretchy. the rubber boot is held onto the switch by a lip on the switch itself, so stretching the boot over it will free it up.

if you haven't removed the kroll switch, gripping the rubber boot and using the ridges on the switch inside, turn it counter-clockwise and it will unscrew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
Awsome, you guys ar great and I really appreciate the replies.

I wouln'd have thought to unscrew it...I was going to just try to pull the rubber off!

I am glad I posted here, and I just took the switch off, thanks to you!

Love this place...

Mattman

Enlightened
Now I know what you were asking. I had this same question just a couple of months ago and it took a while to figure it out. I dug through quite a few threads just to find one small mention of screwing the thing off - there was a lot more on how to fix it once it's out. Seems easy once you find that out, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.