Zebralight SC52 way to secure it?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry my SC52 clipped to the top inside of my front pants pocket. I love the flashlight but I am afraid it might fall out without me noticing.

Can someone suggest a way to secure it? I want easy access, but without a long cord dangling down. The more unobtrusive the better.

Any ideas?

(mods - I did look at all forum sections before putting this post here.)

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small gear retractor.

I use a Key-Bak medium sized retractor, but that might be a little too big.

Take a look at Maxpedition Small Retractors. It comes with clip, loop or carabiner.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I like how it has a quick disconnect. I suppose I could put it on the belt so the light drops in the pocket,so it is mostly out of sight. Thanks for the idea

holylight

Enlightened
I tie the end of the lanyard to belt loops and let the holster drop in pocket of my jeans. The holster can protect my lens and this way n take the beating from my coins, keys or other object n also I can secure my flashlight.

However the securing part of the other end is to my sc52 clip not to the flashlight holster fearing the light will drop off the holster :D

mehevadu.jpg

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry my SC52 clipped to the top inside of my front pants pocket. I love the flashlight but I am afraid it might fall out without me noticing.

Can someone suggest a way to secure it? I want easy access, but without a long cord dangling down. The more unobtrusive the better.

Any ideas?

(mods - I did look at all forum sections before putting this post here.)

I started carrying my SC52 about 5- 6 weeks ago, and I carry it with its clip secured to the lip of my pants pocket just like you mentioned. I slide it as far to the left of my left front pocket as possible so its not in the way if I need to access my pocket. This keeps it above and away from my keys sitting in the bottom of my front pocket. But I have to say that mine feels 100% secure when I have it attached to my pocket and I have no worries of it slipping off. Its very tight there.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The holster inside the pocket is one I didn't think of. Where did you find a flip up diffuser to fit?

Mine hasn't popped out of my pocket yet. I just find I keep checking to make sure it is still there.

holylight

Enlightened
The holster inside the pocket is one I didn't think of. Where did you find a flip up diffuser to fit?

Mine hasn't popped out of my pocket yet. I just find I keep checking to make sure it is still there.

Fenix AD401 Diffuser Lens :D

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Which Nitecore holster is this, is it the Nitecore N210 holster for EC2 flashlight?
The Nitecore N208 holster for EC1, EA1, MT1C flashlights would probably be a better fit?
Here a photo of the EC1 flashlight (which is shorter than the SC52 flashlight) in the N208:

nitecoreec1det.jpg

and a good photo without any light in it:
n208.jpg

and here a photo by selfbuilt of the EA1 flashlight (which is longer than the SC52 flashlight):
SC52015.jpg

since EC1 and EA1 share the same holster (Nitecore N208) AND in dimensions EC1 < SC52 < EA1, the N208 should be a perfect fit for the SC52. maybe anyone can confirm?

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't have the AP-05 at the time this pic was taken but used the V10R Ti+ w/ext:

Of note though is that this isn't the same holster supplied w/the M11R, there is no elastic band between the front/back sides as can be seen in pic above.

Thanks for the Fireworm suggestion.
After my research efforts the truely best fitting holster would be the Sunwayman holster for M11R Mr.Elfin or M11R Mr.Sirius. That should fit the SC52 even better than the Nitecore N208:

8697o.jpg

However, this holster costs 14US$ incl shipping if ordered directly from Sunwayman China. In such a case i better wait for doingoutdoor, hkequipment, fasttech or any other similar Chinese dealer to stock the N208!!

selfbuilt said:
M11R Length: 76.4mm, Width (bezel): 23.1mm
SC52 Length: 79.0mm, Width (bezel): 22.6mm, Width (max) 25.4mm

Last edited:

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just got that Fireworm holster in today, and while it can "fit" my SC52, it is *VERY* tight. It's a struggle to get the SC52 into the holster and it's almost harder to get the SC52 out of the holder, because it it so tight in there. The holster has elastic/webbing on both sides, and the webbing really has to stretch in order to put the SC52 into the holster.

Also, when the SC52 goes into the holster, the clip clips onto one of side of the webbing, but if you try to put the SC52 all the way into the holster, it won't go, because of the clip.

Jim

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The N208 is a good fit for the SC52, before:

rvvexmf.jpg

And after:

svjcqub.jpg

sticktodrum

Enlightened
The clips on both my SC52s seem robust enough that it wouldn't very easily fall out of my pocket. I usually keep it in my change pocket, but it's sometimes in the front left pocket of my jeans as well. So far, nothing even remotely moves it from its spot. Although, I do like some of those holster ideas...

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I clip mine to the side of my iPhone case here
null-4.jpg

Infact this is an edc must for me
null-5.jpg

My HDS, and my Sc52 fit perfect there