Surefire e2dl ultra

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
Anyone in the know (Brianna, robin?) heard if the 500 lumen defender is still coming out this month. Saw one video from shot show with the guy from surefire saying everything was ready to go except for some programming but they had all the parts ready.

biglights

Enlightened
I saw this in the to be released section of a website. Cant wait, really hope they come out this mouth.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I might have the poster wrong but I think I remember Robin24k saying it was pushed back to April with wide spread availability in June. I think posted in the LX2U thread.

brianna

Enlightened
It was me. Now that Surefire is not going to produce the Lumamax Ultra, production for the E2DL Ultra is scheduled for April. Don't get too excited, Surefire may change their mind on this one too. Like so many people before me have said:

I will believe it when Surefire actually ships it to dealers.

I really wish Surefire would produce a version of this light without all the sharp edges at least give us a choice since they scrapped the Lumamax Ultra.

Last edited:

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
I clicked on this thread because I saw the name brianna, didn't expect such a bad news though. :fail: I sincerely hope you're wrong this time bri.

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
Surefire is shooting themselves in the foot with what they've done of late. Outside of the new EB1, I've given up hope for anything SF that's competitive with what's on the market. I'm figuring that a C2 host, or a 2 cell E series body with E to C adapter & C/P/Z head, with a dual mode (high - low, no memory) P60 drop-in is as close as I'll get to what I want. Why would anyone buy the current E2D or LX2 lights when the EB1 gets the same output on a single cell?

N/Apower

Enlightened
Surefire is shooting themselves in the foot with what they've done of late. Outside of the new EB1, I've given up hope for anything SF that's competitive with what's on the market. I'm figuring that a C2 host, or a 2 cell E series body with E to C adapter & C/P/Z head, with a dual mode (high - low, no memory) P60 drop-in is as close as I'll get to what I want. Why would anyone buy the current E2D or LX2 lights when the EB1 gets the same output on a single cell?

Run-time in an application where weight is not a factor.
Yes, Surefire is lagging right now, but they are a far cry from as "laggy" as they were 5 years ago when their lights were good for nothing but their aluminum tubes and bezels, IMO. Give SF until the end of '13, and I think they will have some class-leading stuff, again. Every manufacturer hits a slump, and that's when you turn to Malkoff, Milky, and others to fill the gaps.

brianna

Enlightened
The E2DL Ultra is in the testing phase right now. This light gets warm pretty fast on the 500 lm setting. April 30 is the release date. The prongs are not as pronounced in this new model. Springs front and back of battery.

DAN92

Enlightened
The E2DL Ultra is in the testing phase right now. This light gets warm pretty fast on the 500 lm setting. April 30 is the release date. The prongs are not as pronounced in this new model. Springs front and back of battery.
Hoping to whether available for this period.

kraycat

Newly Enlightened
I'll be looking out for these, look like street price is around $199

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
Shame to hear they tossed the LX2 Ultra. That's what I REALLY wanted. I guess I'll have to pick up the E2DL Ultra then.