Latest, greatest warm tints?

Xak

Enlightened
Did a quick search, didn't find much...

I thought I read somewhere that there was a new technology for tinting LEDs in Warm or high CRI. Is that technology hitting the market yet in the form of the new XP-G2s or XM-L2s?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
that would be nice. warm tints in those . would like the most efficient in a warm HCRI tint.

thanks.

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there will be warm tint or High CRI lights available in the new XP-G2s or XM-L2s anytime soon?

markr6

Flashaholic
Good question! I assume EagleTac is releasing XM-L2 T6 neutrals soon. For instance, the D25A XM-L2 is out and they made the D25A XM-L version with a T6 neutral...so I'm sure that one is coming along with D25C, D25A2, etc

Edit: yes, I checked and these are on their website for many different models. Should be available any day now!

• CREE XM-L2 T6 LED
  • CREE XP-G2 R4 LED

Last edited:

KarstGhost

Enlightened
I have one of Nailbender's drop ins on the way that is a 90 + Hi CRI XML-2. If it's anything like the Hi CRI XMLs from Nailbender it's gonna be awesome. 3000k tint. I know there's neutral and warm XPG-2 available, not sure about it being Hi CRI though.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice. love warm HCRI.

I have one of Nailbender's drop ins on the way that is a 90 + Hi CRI XML-2. If it's anything like the Hi CRI XMLs from Nailbender it's gonna be awesome. 3000k tint. I know there's neutral and warm XPG-2 available, not sure about it being Hi CRI though.

videoman

Enlightened
How can some led panel type video lights claimed as cool white ( 5000-6500K) also claim a 90 CRI rating at those color temperatures ?

Shooter21

Enlightened
How can some led panel type video lights claimed as cool white ( 5000-6500K) also claim a 90 CRI rating at those color temperatures ?
HCRI can be any color temperature but they usually are made in neutral or warm since that's what most people like. The color temp and CRI isn't mutually exclusive for instance a 3000k led can be low CRI.

Last edited:

videoman

Enlightened
Any leds that can claim a 90 CRI in 5200 to 6000 K range or is it just marketing hype for some video led panel lights that say so on their specs.?
If so, then who makes them ?

Latest posts