• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (SOLD) Macs Customs Brass XM-L EDC

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale

Macs Customs Brass XM-L EDC cool tint

This is a user with a few dings as shown in the pic below. It functions 100% and uses 18350 rechargeable batteries

p1080683r.jpg

$140 SOLD Shipped w/tracking and insured to Canadian or USA destinations, other destinations at cost (Please send me a PM for details). First "I'll take it" here (followed buy a PM) with prompt Paypal gets it. I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone.

Thanks
Todd

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale: Macs Customs Brass XM-L EDC

May I have an image from the business end?
What is the drive levels of this light?
And do you find the brass leaving a smell on the hands?
Thanks

====
PM also sent.

Last edited:

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks

I purchased the light from Mac and the specs are listed below,

-Integrated McClicky Switch and Boot
-Textured Aluminum Reflector
-Cree -XM-L Led
-German Quality Mineral Glass Lens
-3-Mode Driver Low-Med-High-Driver with last mode memory
-O-Ring Sealed Throughout (Water Resistant)
-575 *Real* Lumens in a small package (Real Lumens is actual Out the Front Lumens not LED Lumens)
-3.8" Long Under 1" Diameter[/COLOR][/SIZE]
-2.8a Max drive level (150ma Low - 1000ma Med - 2800ma Max High)

I haven't noticed a smell from my hands after using the light! Pics of the "business end' will have to wait till tomorrow when the Suns up, if it's still here.

Thanks
Todd

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good catch Ben..I actually prefers the weight of a brass and Todd offered this at a good price

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shyan. My first brass light.
I have been cautious about materials like copper. Been told it leaves a smell on the hands. Hopefully brass does not do that.

Plus I still don't have his XML LE. Got both the Tri in xpg2 and xpe2. Also got the SST-50 which I absolutely like very much. So this completes the various LE he uses.

Last edited:

cubebike

Enlightened

Thanks

====
PM also sent.

i have Mac tri EDC in brass and maratac aaa and cr123. Both brass and copper will leave some smell as well

Will the smell decrease once the surface develops a patina.
Ben, you seem obsessed with this smell issue, having read several of your posts in that regard. Brass and copper DO have a smell. I have several brass lights from various builders and all of them smell....like brass. Yes, the smell stays on your hand for a time (doesn't bother me a bit). Copper smells, too. But they're natural metalic smells, and to me, anyway, they're actually kind of pleasing. I love brass. Love the weight, love the smooth threading, love the look of the patina, love the smell. Like they told Mikey in the Life cereal commercial: try it, you'll like it. :D

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ben, you seem obsessed with this smell issue, having read several of your posts in that regard. Brass and copper DO have a smell. I have several brass lights from various builders and all of them smell....like brass. Yes, the smell stays on your hand for a time (doesn't bother me a bit). Copper smells, too. But they're natural metalic smells, and to me, anyway, they're actually kind of pleasing. I love brass. Love the weight, love the smooth threading, love the look of the patina, love the smell. Like they told Mikey in the Life cereal commercial: try it, you'll like it. :D

:thumbsup:
I will give it a go and savor the total experience you described.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dad in Bens defence I too want the exotic nature of the metals but dont always get too excited about the negatives such as smell, tarnishing of clothes (my white shirt pocket looks like a rag after I have the copper light) and also weight sagging my pocket down. For me the copper and brass is very pretty to look at when polished but offers no advantage to the titanium or aluminium light in terms of weight and practicality such as dirty hands and scratches so easily. I do like to have a collection of diffent metals and it is interesting to have the same flashlight in different metals and admire it. What I am really trying to say here is I think all these exotic metals are nice to look at but possibly not practical when you have alumunium and titanium. Having used a Wee Ag I think Sterling Silver is evn more exotic metal that is hard to find in the flashaholic world and I love Sterling Silver in fountain pens etc..

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny, I never noticed a smell on my hands? It was carried in an AOTH holster and I also EDC a Brass Hinderer pen. My hands are usually quite dry, a Canadian thing :wave: I'm switching to a Copper Macs/Hinderer set up, maybe I'll notice a difference?

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny, I never noticed a smell on my hands? "a Canadian thing :wave:"?

Todd - Canada is cool man.. loved it when I came over last year - everybody is relaxed especially in the smaller suburbs. I suspect moisture / humiity also has a factor to play in and Malaysia is quite humid.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Todd - Canada is cool man.. loved it when I came over last year - everybody is relaxed especially in the smaller suburbs. I suspect moisture / humiity also has a factor to play in and Malaysia is quite humid.

It does get pretty humid here in Malaysia. So much so, that stamp collectors have a term called tropicalised stamps. :)
Due to the adhesive backing of the stamps, when kept in humid places, the color changes to yellowish brown.

I will keep a lookout for the conditions described by Mohan and selectively choose the environment where I use it. I guess it is part and parcel of the total experience in using a brass host. Thank you all for those input.

I will keep a lookout for the conditions described by Mohan and selectively choose the environment where I use it. I guess it is part and parcel of the total experience in using a brass host.
Really, you don't need to "selectively choose the environment." It's not fragile and doesn't require special handling. Just use it as you would any light.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand dad. I move and work outside a building often and during the rainy seasons, I get wet a lot getting in an out of vehicles and walking about, at best my clothes and pockets get damp. Probably not the best conditions to carry a brass or copper light in the pocket.
:)

Brass is often used in a humid or watery application and, in fact, is often the metal of choice in boating environments, as compared to ferrous metals for obvious reason. You won't hurt it or create some huge tarnishy mess on your clothing if it gets a little wet. I would probably avoid carrying it in a white shirt pocket, or similar, but, seriously, a brass light is not going to require you care for it with kid gloves just because of a humid environment.