• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Air Syringe -- not a flashlight :-)

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
AirSyringe-1_zps31b8d5cc.jpg

AirSyringe-3_zps0d5d1626.jpg

Some of my customers are way smarter than I am, like the neurobiologist who ordered this Air Syringe. It basically lets him move neurons around using air pressure with fingertip control.

Yeah, we pimped it out more than it needed, but that's what happens when you ask me to make something. :devil:

nbp

Flashaholic
Sweet! Hope the customer chimes in to explain how it works and what they plan to use it for. Very interested! :popcorn:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
It looks like that end connects to a hose? Either way, this is the coolest neuron-moving air syringe I've ever seen. Also the only.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's correct. I'm hopeful that the new owner will be posting something here about how it is used--a video perhaps. :twothumbs

But that will take a while, since it has to go overseas.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an amazing piece, once again. Don't know how you always manage to keep pulling rabbits out of the 4 jaw chuck but you surely do. Congrats, the guy's gonna love it!

If you saw what was here originally, sorry, sleepless night.

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Fred, it's beautiful. Aluminum, is it not? Anodizing plans? Shame it's not Ti, a splash anodize to really make it zing would look good in a lab setting. :)

Dale

Last edited:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred:

Just worked it into my rig today. And...today was the first time that all eight electrodes produced a stable recording simultaneously. This is not any small feat. And it is not insignificant that I used this new device to do it.

To say, "It works!" would be an understatement.

Video to follow in a few days.

When you play with Fred, everyone wins.

obi

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I use one of those to inflate minnows. They flop around on top of the water because they can't dive, and the bass go crazy after them. Catching my limit is easy.

:D

Chicago X

Enlightened
I've used a syringe (sans plunger) to remove air from deep water caught fish that were to be released, in a process called "venting."

This is the first I've heard of putting air IN them... :faint:

fyrstormer

Banned
I use one of those to inflate minnows. They flop around on top of the water because they can't dive, and the bass go crazy after them. Catching my limit is easy.

I have to ask: how is that more effective than just sticking a minnow on the hook and waiting for a bass to bite it?

markr6

Flashaholic
I have to ask: how is that more effective than just sticking a minnow on the hook and waiting for a bass to bite it?

I'm guessing they're lazy just like humans. Pick the low hanging fruit? Or getting a ladder and climbing up the get the same thing?

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, the video will take a bit longer. I have some technical issues with a few of my manipulators that need to be sorted before I can dedicate any downtime to filming this little guy in action.

However, in this photo, you can at least see where his home is. During use, it is in my hand, of course.

8734996424_df68dc9c24_c.jpg

But here, you can at least see that he is resting well when not in use. Or can you?

obi

TEEJ

Flashaholic

LOL

Do you fish?

Bass, Pike, etc, are all predators, and, predators look for prey constantly. They look for the weak or wounded, as, those are the easiest to catch/east likely to harm THEM, etc.

Lions pick the weakest looking of the herd of zebras, and muggers chose weak looking pedestrians, for the same reason...predators are hard wired to look for the most vulnerable victims.

It simply makes the predator select YOUR offering as preferable to the OTHER things swimming around in the vicinity.

I invented it back when I was a kid, and noticed that if I were catching sunnies, etc, and threw them back too slowly, if they were not doing well/flapping around floating on their sides, etc...the bass would smash them in mere moments.

I then "modified" the thrown back sunnies with hooks, and, well, never hurt for bass after that. injecting a little air to them made them unable to dive effectively, and their ATTEMPTS to dive attracted a lot of attention from whatever predator was down there.

That means cat fish, snapping turtles, birds of prey, snakes, and so forth, not just other fish.

LOL

I see NORM circled the lil guy.