A2 = the perfect hunting light!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using my A2 to get to my Deer stand in the dark and really love it! The low beam LED's are great for walking, then being able to push the tail switch for short burst of good throw is great for seeing bright eyes. If you don't hunt a bright eye is a thumb tack with reflective paint so you can place them on trees and find your path through the woods. For some reason LED's don't light up the bright eyes very well even the bright ones. I have tried the L4 but think I will take my MrBulk PM6 next week and see how it does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
what color LEDs do you have on your A2?

[/ QUOTE ]

White

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh i was wondering if you had red..
i know someone who likes red LEDs for hunting..

how far in the woods do you go to get to your stand?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is about 3/4 of a mile which is not bad until you get a deer and have to drag it, oh and did I mention it is very hilly?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha. sounds like a rough trek!
man i really want an A2 now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

after you get your deer do the LEDs put out enough light to prepare it for the drag back home?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
ryan, just get one....you won't regret it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif make sure you get one with the new version tailcap though.

Glow Bug

Enlightened
I second that! It is an awesome tool for the woods. I know. I live in the middle of em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

For hunting or just getting around, they are great.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
LaVaDog said:
I would think that blue LEDS would come in handy in tracking one when shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're shot, having or not having an A2 is the least of your troubles.

TheFire

Enlightened
lol@nascar.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the slight bluish tint from the 5mm leds wouldn't be enough to help out with that...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i got lucky with my A2 though....the white LEDs it came with actually have the warmer tint that the arc AAA LEs come with, and were not blue-ish at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
haha. sounds like a rough trek!
man i really want an A2 now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

after you get your deer do the LEDs put out enough light to prepare it for the drag back home?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I shot mine at 8:15 am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

alexgian

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
ryan, just get one....you won't regret it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif make sure you get one with the new version tailcap though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the new version tailcap and how do you recognize it from the previous one?

Thanks

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
alexgian: i think al should have sent you a picture to show you the difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
alex: the old one would expose the O-ring when locked-out, and there was a problem with the metal tabs in the tailcap breaking off, which the new one is supposed to have fixed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

alexgian

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I am still in... learning mode... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
As I am in the process of buying one, how can I make sure that I receive the new model? Is there a different part# for the new A2?