EDC flashlight storage...

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
I got a little poker set for Christmas one year. Never used it. I finally moved the contents to shoe box and put some lights in it. Pretty neato storage. The place where the 2 decks of cards are supposed to go holds 10 CR123s perfectly. They have these things in huge sizes too. This is a tiny one.

I wouldn't trust the little cheapo latches to travel with this. Just a neat way to organize little lights at home. I guess you could throw a big rubber band around it if need be.

Just food for thought:
Flashlight%20storage-S.jpg

Link to full size for more detail:
http://cornfed.smugmug.com/Family/2013-photos/27387086_s7wDSC#!i=2403151123&k=RfcCwj2&lb=1&s=XL

Quasar77

Newly Enlightened
Good idea...looks pretty well organized. I don't travel much, but having things together in a case does appeal to me.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
That looks nice.
Instead of a rubber band, which will eventually dry up and rot, try something like this for your case:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009V1WXY/?tag=cpf0b6-20

This is just for illustration. You can get cheap twin-packs in more appropriate lengths from outdoor or hardware shops. Cut to the right length, heat seal the cut end with a lighter - job done. Once done up tight, a tie down strap won't come undone because of the teeth on the locking end. I use a lot of these in various lengths at work for equipment cases and they are great. We even use the on big wheeled travel boxes as grab handles to physically haul mobile PAs around through our building.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
If it's not in my pocket, it's not my edc :)

^^I agree with this.

However, if you need to store, or travel with, your entire EDC rotation or an extra set of lights - this looks awesome.
I've had one of those poker sets for 10 years. I think I've used it twice.
Just might consider a similar setup - but with knives, pens, and watches too. Particularly if I can open up inside a dresser drawer. Hmmm.
Thanks.

JCD

Enlightened
If it's not in my pocket, it's not my edc :)

^this^

Carrying a flashlight everyday does not mean every flashlight in the rotation is an EDC light. If a particular light isn't carried daily, it's not an EDC light. That doesn't make it less valuable or useful, or diminish it in any other way. It just isn't everyday​ carried. For actual EDC lights, there probably isn't much need for a case (beyond a holster, anyway).