Ever buy identical lights with matching tints?

markr6

Flashaholic
OK, maybe it's a case of OCD but I like to have a "set" of lights with identical tints - one for here, one for there.

In the past it was a set of Fenix LD22's. I got one and liked the quality and UI so I purchased another only to find the tints were for far off it drove me crazy. One was a nasty green and one was extremely bluish-purple. Of course they got the job done so it shouldn't have been a big deal, but it was for me.

I sold the LD22's and got a PD32UE. Not necessarily as a direct replacement but just to try it out. I like it so much I just purchased another. The first one is a PERFECT white tint and the new one is a little greenish but still very nice. Comparing them side by side will drive me insane, so I need to stop doing that. Besides, one will be for the home and one will stay in the Jeep.

Have you ever purchased two identical flashlights only to find it driving the tint snob inside of you insane?

buds224

Enlightened
Only once. I lost my Fenix TA21. It is one of my all time favorite lights. While shopping around for a replacement, I discovered it was discontinued. I scoured the Marketplace and acquired 2 more. Fenix seems to have dropped the TA line and I'm glad I still have x2 of my favorites. Luckily for me, the tints are identical.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I tend to buy backups for the lights I use a lot in case I lose one. The beams are rarely identical, but all of my Surefires are pretty close to each other. I have two Malkoff M91s that have slightly different tints, but you only notice when it is pointed at the wall. In real world use they look pretty much the same.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to buy two of a light, I couldn't go with out. Not anymore, I find I eventually lose love for them and sell or trade one. My newyears resolution was to stop buying duplicates. When you have as many as I do, you don't need a pair with the same tint

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had about 8 SC30Ws before giving a few of them away here and there. I carefully tested each with my light meter and inspected the beam and tint of each of them to pick out the very best one as my EDC. The others became gifts or serve backup duty.