Neutral or HCRI, whats out there thats 1k+ Lumens and 30 min + run time

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all these bigger lights coming out with huge numbers, which have the best tints? Before when wanting big numbers, it was cool white, period. It still gives the biggest numbers, but with the tech advances, other tints should be hitting big numbers now. Curious which ones there are that have it now.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Skyrayking comes in nuetral white, there's 1800 lumens. How much are you looking to spend and does it need to be Stock?

Varapower and ElectroLumens come in different tints, and there sometimes on the the cpfmp WTS area ;) ;)

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering whats out there. Don't really have a budget, though I am not wanting to spend polarion or maxabeam money either, though if there are lights in the range I'd like to know. Didn't know Kevin at VP had neutrals but have not looked at them in a long time. I have one of Waynes EDC-MCE and a BNG as well and love his SR light (don't have one of those), but its to big for the wife to carry comfortably. Forgot he has neutrals as well. Didn't put this in the recommend section as I am not ready yet, just wanting to research. But with so many new brands and new lights out there, something might escape me. Heh, not to mention being reminded of ones I do know about that I forgot.

Eagletac
Varapower
Elektrolumen
Skyray

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it needs to be pocketable, Oveready triple nichia p60 dropins are pretty awesome.
in the 700-900 lumen range the Nitecore EC25w and Ea4w are solid too
EDCPlus sells triple p60 dropins that are 600-700 lumens depending on tint.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a dedomed Varapower 2000k neutral white sst90, which is an older model, so he's definitely offering nuetral tints for awhile.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is more just wondering whats out there for those tints. P60's won't cut it, run times to short, and the few that can hit the lumens marks and hold it get really hot.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff XM-L2 Hound Dog Neutral is a 5000k T6 limited edition with just a little over 1000 lumens at turn-on, but it will drop under 1k lumens after it reaches thermal stasis after warming up. No thermal step-down, and it holds a quite good percentage of its output when warm. Gene does a very good job with thermal management.
It's a great light with a McGizmo reflector and Malkoff build quality, and you can select the length of the battery tube you want to have on it, for the run times you want.
1.8" head diameter, so it has some good throw and some nice wide spill, and is not too big.
Worth looking at, in that category.