How can I save my favorites to disk?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting a new computer and don't want to lose all my favorites so how do I save then and where do I find them?
Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

was_jlh

Enlightened
JT, you using IE? If so, go to File, choose Import & Export, choose Export Favorites, it will then ask you where you want to save them. You can then save them to a floppy, CD-R, or your hard drive. If you save them to your hard drive, you'll want to copy them to another media to get them to the new pc.

Joe

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
was_jlh said:
JT, you using IE? If so, go to File, choose Import & Export, choose Export Favorites, it will then ask you where you want to save them. You can then save them to a floppy, CD-R, or your hard drive. If you save them to your hard drive, you'll want to copy them to another media to get them to the new pc.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Does export copy them or actually remove them to the new medium? I just go to Roxio easy CD creator to copy all files + Favorites

Brightnorm

was_jlh

Enlightened
You're welcome, JT.

Brightnorm, export creates a copy of them, it does not remove them.

Joe

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, I zip them, then copy to whatever medium I want to save them on. Remember that floppies do go bad over time, so a different hdd, pen drive, CF card, or optical disc (cd or dvd), would also be a better place.

If you are going to burn to cd/dvdr, then zip the favorites folder first.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
In fact, don't forget to burn all of your important stuff to cd/dvd, or, get a usb hdd and copy everything over that you want to save (include any game folders you want to keep the settings on).

My experience with burning everything I wanted to keep, before I went to linux only as native boot, convinced me that I need an all in one cd burner/dvd burner (linux compatible), since it took 26 cds to save everything. DVD R discs certainly cost more, but this is offset by alot less of them needed.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Charles, I disagree that a floppy is a bad choice in this application.

Media going bad after X years is not the issue here. Floppies ~can~ bad, CD-Rs ~can~ go bad, any media can and will fail. JT was looking for a quick and easy transport media to move his favs from one pc to another, not store them for years. A floppy would serve well in this case.

Joe

was_jlh

Enlightened
Hope it helps.

Sounds nice, I have more vacancies than knives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif