Niteye TF20 clearance - any good?

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I hope that this is in the right area.

I noticed that Illumination Supply has it, plus several other Niteye lights on pretty good clearance. I haven't seen much on the Niteye TF20, so I was wondering what the opinions are on this one?

Thanks,
Jim

Fykantrollet

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I have one of these.
Pros: Machining and beam is nice. Nice with magnetic ring and rear switch. Very comfortable in the hand.
Cons: Magnetic ring is slippy. Magnetic ring is very linear, so at 50% twist your're basically at full output. Hard to hit the lowest possible power. When turning off too easy to enter strobe mode. But most biggie for me: I have experienced several times that the controls went totally crazy, making me have to reinsert battery. Especially when I got snow on it. There is something odd going on there, at least with my light.

Wouldn't buy it again, but at this price it is a good buy as long as it doesn't have any electronics issues.

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks for that info. FYI, I had ordered it (seemed like a really good price), and it just arrived today. I also just got an EagleTac 18650 in at the same time (postman must be wondering what all the packages were :)!), and it is really nice.

About the magnetic ring, did you mean to say "NON"-linear, rather than linear. I'm finding that it is NOT linear. Can't get it to the low very easily, then jumps to bright. Other than that, not bad.

I'm just new to all of this, and it's funny that every new light seems to be brighter than the previous one though :)...

Later,
Jim