eeek a rat! my new pet

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i have had rats for a bit but 2 paased away im not sure why.so im in the pet store tonight and saw a new rat he is what the pet store calls a blue rat.i never heard a such a thing but he is so kewl looking and his temppement is so docile already is handable and almost runs to my hands so with time he will be a awesume pet but all rats are good pets.one of my favs.any other rat owners here?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got a pet rat here. He's a very dark grey, and I named him Guilmon, after one of the creatures in Digimon (a cartoon they used to have on TV).

Guilmon escaped from his cage, so he's running free somewhere in the house. I know he's still around, because I set out food and water, and it dissapears every day.

I used to have Scittles, Scabbers, and Veemon; but they've since passed on.

My website about pet rats is right here if you're interested.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool ty ill book mark it . ive always liked rats always hated hamster.but did seea kewl hamster today called a panda bear hamster but every hamster i ever saw was kinda agresive and not to smart.and ty again for the web site i was looking for info

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man you are so lucky are humaine society only has cats and dogs.and they put down like 40 a week if i recall i used to volenter there but it got to me.id walk the dogs and try like hell to get them adopted but it seemed to be a endless battle.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a rat named "Rat" when I was 15, and another one when I was 22 named Guenevere(I'm 43 now). Rat was a cool guy. He used to sit on my shoulder when I walked around the neighborhood and when I put him down on the ground I could call him and he would come to me. He also used to sleep with me, I rarely had the screen lid on his aquarium (they make easy to clean cages).

Guenevere was another story, she was kind of picky. I had her in a rooming house I lived in in Bellingham Wa. However, she used to have a great time hiding in my sock drawer.

Mike

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I used to have a rat named "Rat" too. My mother had a dog named "Rat", but that had no bearing on what I named that rat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i stink at nameing pets my dog name is snoop cause snoop doggy dog..im thinking a calling rat sony

Greta

Flashaholic
I had two hairless rats a few years back. Inherited them from my daughter's science class... it was either I take them or they become python food. I'm a sucker.

Their names were Miss Od and Mr. Eb. They were awesome pets! VERY intelligent and affectionate. And soft as a baby's butt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
I had two hairless rats a few years back. Inherited them from my daughter's science class... it was either I take them or they become python food. I'm a sucker.

Their names were Miss Od and Mr. Eb. They were awesome pets! VERY intelligent and affectionate. And soft as a baby's butt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]hairless rats are very cool.look funny when ya first see them however.