Need a decent holster for a good price?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few lights that didn't come with holsters, or... came with a crappy or poorly sized holster.

Well, after wandering around the web for some candidates, I happened upon the LED Lenser website. Low and behold, they offer about a half-dozen different sized holsters on their accessories page. The photo there showed a decent looking holster and the price was very reasonable ($3 + $2 shipping), so I ordered one.

Well, what came turned out to be very nicely made. Quality stitching on tightly woven ballistic style nylon mesh. On top of that, the "LED Lenser" emblem is made of a pliable plastic that is sewn into the flap, which I was able to trim off rather easily (making the holster non-branded). I should also add that the order fulfillment was reasonably quick and their customer service attentive (I made a couple of inquiries which were answered in good time and with useful info).

Now, I know you can just invest a good chunk of change on one or two holsters that might fit a range of lights and go with that, but holsters are also useful for the storage of lights (easy protection). And at these prices, ranging from $2.50 to $5.00, it's almost a no brainer to get some.

The website lists LED Lenser lights that each holster is compatible with, but does not provide any direct measurements of the holsters. However, you can easily look up any LED Lenser light specification and check those measurements to see if they are close to your light being considered. Or, I'll just save you the trouble: :)

Holsters
#1: Fits models L7, P7, T7, M7
L7 - 5.24 in | 13.3 cm​
P7 - 5.24 in | 13.3 cm​
T7 - 5.37 in | 13.7 cm​
M7 - 5.39 in | 13.7 cm​

#2: Fits model P14
P14 - 8.07 in | 20.5 cm​

#3: Fits model P6
P6 - 6.6 in | 16.7 cm​

#4: Fits models M5, P5, V2
M5 - 4.33 in | 10 cm​
P5 - 4.45 in | 11.3 cm​
V2 - 4.57 in | 11.6 cm
P5R - 4.63 in | 11.75 cm​

#5: Fits model M7R
M7R - 6.14 in | 15.6 cm​

I'll post photos of the one I got if anyone is interested.

p.s. I should also add that the holster tends to lay fairly flush. I was able to slide a SOG Vulcan knife into one and it actually did work pretty well as a knife holster.

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED-Lenser_holster1.jpg

LED-Lenser_holster2.jpg

LED-Lenser_holster3.jpg

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. That's good information.

What does the belt loop look like? Could you post a photo of the back of the holster?

Does the holster ride high on the belt?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Good questions and my apologies for not having thought to photograph the back (duh). Camera isn't handy at the moment. I did find one on-line, here. Also, [this photograph] shows the bottom where you can see the circular cut-out. As you can see on the back, there is a velcro flap that is then snapped into place for extra security. The loop is on the top edge, so the holster rides low on the belt.

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
That's a good source. I have also had good experiences buying holsters from intl-outdoor. They are China based and it takes a while to get to you, but they carry about a dozen styles, well made, good price, and free shipping from China.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Good questions and my apologies for not having thought to photograph the back (duh). Camera isn't handy at the moment. I did find one on-line, here. Also, [this photograph] shows the bottom where you can see the circular cut-out. As you can see on the back, there is a velcro flap that is then snapped into place for extra security. The loop is on the top edge, so the holster rides low on the belt.

:thanks: Thanks for following up. The belt loop looks decent. I wonder if it would fit through PALS webbing as an added bonus.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good source. I have also had good experiences buying holsters from intl-outdoor. They are China based and it takes a while to get to you, but they carry about a dozen styles, well made, good price, and free shipping from China.
Thanks for linking to that, skeeter. Intl-outdoor does look to be a decent source with an interesting variety of holsters, not to mention other flashlight goodies. :thumbsup:

Thanks for following up. The belt loop looks decent. I wonder if it would fit through PALS webbing as an added bonus.
You're welcome. :) Not sure how wide PALS webbing is, but the good thing about the LED Lenser holster design is that the velcro goes about 2/3 of the way up. You can detach some or all of the velcro and make for a wider accommodation. That's what the snap is for, in case you completely detatch the velcro, so that you still have an anchor point.