McGizmo---Skunkworks

grift

Enlightened
any idea on when you guys will have the new battery packs out. have you gotten the new design down yet or still in development? will there be 1x 2x 3x123 packs like the older version, and any decision on the coating? just wondering as i'm sure ALOT of others are so i can know what might be available since Santa isnt too far off.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well I was expecting a switch sample and come to find out it isn't happening. I have no idea if any paks will be made to be quite blunt! The real catch is the pocket clip. If the pak is to have one, I personally only would want the Ti. Well I think I mentioned in another thread that the Ti clips are available as raw blanks and need a fair amount of forming and machining to be completed. I don't know who would do that but I know it won't be me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wayne and I have overflowing plates as it is and trying to deal with power paks right now would push us over the edge. I think it's a real safe bet that there won't be any new power paks from us this year. Fortunately the heads will fit on SureFire bodies and the SF clickie is pretty darn good, IMHO. With the rumor that there will be black HA E series coming out, I am not too concerned about viable hosts.

I have one more idea to look at but it's a real long shot, IMHO. Sorry.

- Don

Oh yeah, Darell, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
e2e-hablk.jpg

(image from tadgear.com)

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/flashlights%20main/surefire_e2e-ha_black.htm

grift

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Nope. Tadgear definately has these coming in. If you email the guys over there, they can give you an ETA. They already have the black E1es and are shipping them.

kj

Enlightened
Here is a picture of my E1E-BK and E2E-BK with McLux PR head.

McLuxPR-BK.jpg

Of course, it's not a B/W image /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ordered one from Chris at Meridian, looking forward to it now even more, although it cannot match the style of a McLux power pack ...
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Those look nice kj!

Bernhard, I hear you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HunterSon

Enlightened
I was just refering to their picture, there is no contrast between the body and tailcap in the TAD picture (someone mentioned that the tailcaps are not HA III and are shiny) and the lack of colour in anything else makes it look like they doctored a regular E2e picture for lack of anything else to represent the black one.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Don, I really thought I was very subtle this time ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
bernhard

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell it's not b/w because I can see color in the photo of the rope and color reflections off of the flashlight. But I'm trained to see details like that as a photoshop-er.

All I have to say is that HAIII Black looks Da-yamn sexy!

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I see what you're saying now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

kj

Enlightened
Don,

Thank you. Since I made one of my heads pretty overdriven (DB1500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), now I want a 3x123 body. I'm wondering whether it's possible to make the black body from the EN plated 3x123 McLux body by removing the plating and anodizing again. If you are going to make the new version of body, I hope you don't give up the 3x123 configuration. I understand the demand for 3x123 is low, though.

HunterSon,

Yes, the tailcaps of mine are gloss black. I can also agree with your observation on the TAD's picture. But, IIRC, another guy mentioned he got all mat black E2E... maybe there are two versions.

HunterSon

Enlightened
You are right, using software to count unique colours there seems to be alot of them in there. Since you are better at spotting colours and tones Isaac, does the tailcap look like Ha-III or II? I thought the II was shiney and the III was matt. It looks like III to me. Maybe they have got some Ha-III black tail caps. The pic of their E1e-BK looks like the tail is very shiney compared to the body.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tadgear photo looks all the same finish. It isn't shiny like maglite but more dull, so I guess that's HAIII.

BUT, in KJ's pic though the tail cap defiantly looks shinier than the body. So maybe there is both HAII and HAIII tailcaps going around..?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't be surprised if the first black E2e's (and E1e's) were shipped out with some remaining stock of tailcaps from the old E1-BK and E2-BK. None of the other parts (body, head/bezel) are the same between the E1 and the E1e.