TM15 Charging Issue - What to do?

itguy07

Newly Enlightened
I've had my TM15 for about a month and a half now and I love the light but I think I must have the worst luck. 1st one had a loose bezel and was replaced. This one was going great but now it's having issues charging. What it will do is try to charge and the LED will flicker and stutter and then go back to charging. You can see it here

I cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol and did a check last night - put in batteries that were at ~3v and plugged it in at about 4pm. This morning at 7am it was still charging and I think it was at 3.9v. That was 15 hours of charge time, double Nitecore's claim of 7 hours. Not sure how long it would have gone on as I unplugged it when I went to work.

I contacted Nitecore who said "Send it to us" and I'm waiting to see if they have a USA seervice center as shipping is $30+ to China.... I'm wondering if I should just wait another 15 months or so and see if something else breaks and then send it to them. Have not contacted the dealer as it's been so long and Nitecore's warranty is after 18 days send it to them.

Thoughts?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
TM15 is great and i accepted living with its little imperfections.

Ceya!

Newly Enlightened
30.00 to return? Use Postal, mine is costing me 18.00 plus insurance to send back.

Its the TM11 nothing wrong but somebody did not see the small hole where the cooling fins are located.

Seems the tooling was too sharp when cutting it.

Wish you luck on it. My TM15 charges in about 6-7 hrs from zero.

Oh, you said dealer, you should send it back through your dealer.

Going Gear did that for a EC1 I bought from a member here. Brand new past 18 days and they sent it back to Nitecore (still waiting though)

S/F,
CEYA!

Last edited:

itguy07

Newly Enlightened
I do love the light and it really doesn't have any other issues other than this charging thing. Just for giggles, I plugged it in tonight. It's still charging at 4 hours now so something must be wrong. I bet the charge controller is "rebooting" or having other issues.

Guess it's off to China next week...

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Seriously, If I were you and that was the only problem the light has, I would buy an I4 charger for less than the shipping and charge the batteries with it instead. Probably safer to charge the batteries outside the light where you can keep a check on them and they will charge faster in the I4. This is what I do. I rarely use the onboard charger.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly. Some dealers offer a nice price on the tm15 bundled with the i4 charger and NC 18650 cells. This means imho that the dealer implies that the tm15 built-in charger is not up to specs and people are advised to use an external charger such as the bundled i4.