My Tale of Woe.... And Stupidity

recDNA

Flashaholic
Of any physical item I have ever owned the one I loved the best was my Jetbeam TCR2. It was perfect for pocket carry, gorgeous to look at, infinitely adjustable making its use perfect from the lab to the movie theatre... And now it's gone.

I was helping some people in the lab I work, left it on a bench... And pfft. Gone. I drove back an hour in the pouring rain, asked everyone there, looked high and low but in my heart know it is someone else's pocket candy now. Someone I was helping. Someone who has no idea of its value and will probably throw it away when the battery wears out.

I tell my story here because nobody I know would consider the loss of a little flashlight any big deal. I know you guys will understand. It was my EDC. You will get it.... And i know I still sound like a baby. Just goes to show how fortunate I've been in life. Never let the loss of any material thing bother me before.

Thanks for listening.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of any physical item I have ever owned the one I loved the best was my Jetbeam TCR2. It was perfect for pocket carry, gorgeous to look at, infinitely adjustable making its use perfect from the lab to the movie theatre... And now it's gone.

I was helping some people in the lab I work, left it on a bench... And pfft. Gone. I drove back an hour in the pouring rain, asked everyone there, looked high and low but in my heart know it is someone else's pocket candy now. Someone I was helping. Someone who has no idea of its value and will probably throw it away when the battery wears out.

I tell my story here because nobody I know would consider the loss of a little flashlight any big deal. I know you guys will understand. It was my EDC. You will get it.... And i know I still sound like a baby. Just goes to show how fortunate I've been in life. Never let the loss of any material thing bother me before.

Thanks for listening.

I lost a few valuable items before. Sometimes it just so easy to get distracted.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
that sucks. especially when you cant just buy another since theyre limited, and sold out.
i have multiplies of my favorite EDC for just that reason, but it would still pain me if i lost one, or worst, got it stolen.

recDNA

Flashaholic
BY the time I knew I loved it they were all sold out. To be honest I would never spend that much again anyway. It was a one-time thing, a ridiculous exorbitance I had no business buying....but unlike most such stories it was perfect.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel your pain. Lost a jb cl-e and it still bothers me a few years later. Maybe you'll see someone else using it, or post a reward poster up for it. Most workplaces have some kind of pin up board, off a small reward, a sandwich etc.

sgt253

Enlightened
I can empathize with you. I had a McGizmo custom stolen from my jacket pocket, out of my locked office, at a very "reputable" organization that I had been working for. Still burns me after 6 years.

Regards.

recDNA

Flashaholic
They say misery loves company but its no consolation... Especially since now I know it will **** me off for years! Thanks for sharing though

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have another thread running on that topic. No replacement will even come close but wahtever.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
How long ago did this happen, just today?

If so I would give it some more time before I gave up hope.

Best of luck,

magpullin

Newly Enlightened
Maybe post a WTB on the Marketplace and check ebay to try and find another.
That really sucks. I lost my Spyderco Copa and it just drove me crazy till I got lucky and found it about
7 months later. Just a $120.00 knife, but very unique and very special to me.

makapuu

Enlightened
I know you cannot replace sentimentality.
But LED's have advanced quite a bit since you got your Jetbeam.
As well as styling and UI.
I'm sure you'll find a something.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Maybe someday flashlight manufactures will have locating devices on their flashlights, lol...
We can then locate them with our smart phones using the FindMyFlashlight App. ;)

Not only locate them, but we could also use the app to turn them on/off, check battery status and a number of other cool features yet to be developed.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nice of you to say... But the ui is perfect imo and it had an s2. Only the xpg2 is better and hardly anything out yet.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost one of the 47s titanium 123 minis at the Texas state fair but I was able to replace it with another one that had the lanyard attached and looped to my belt and it never gets removed till laundry time and it's moved to another pair of levis and the same belt. I was really hacked to realize I have a photo of me with the light at the fair just to pour salt in the wound.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you helping them in-doors, and if so, any chance there were cameras?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about the loss of your edc. Sounds like whether you knew it or not that it was your Grail light. That's harsh when you lose something that brings you joy.

I hope your next edc serves you well bro :)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you'll get lucky and get it back. If you tell everyone what you are looking for.... someone might know the thief! I lost a Torch Labs custom light (triple) and found it weeks later. You might find yours. If not, check the Marketplace. Somebody must have one for sale!