The lights I'm taking on vacation with me

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm packing light this trip (sorry for the Pun) I always bring lights with me, this year I'm just bringing AA lights that are budget yet quality.
going to Honolulu this trip, probably won't be out at night but you never know ;)
ive been to Maui 5 years ago, and I love Hawaii life :D

heres the batch I'm puttin in the luggage now
2880013B-6370-4FF8-85D0-09DCB574093D-9232-0000051C57722BCB.jpg

I'll also have my 1aaa Olight on my keys.

I get on the plane Thursday, soooo excited.
How many lights do you bring on a 10 day trip?

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
A keychain light, a medium pocket or holster light and whatever bigger light I can sneak into the luggage before my wife catches me, along with a charger and spare batteries.

akhyar

Enlightened
For me, either Sunwayman M11R or Zebralight SC600, with some fresh CR123 or rechargeable 18650.
The M11R normally goes into the camera bag whereas the SC600 will go into the luggage.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There affordable, great low low on two of them for checking on my little fella at night, and there's a good chance one of the peeps coming on the trip need to borrow a light. I own around 70 flashlights. I'm keeping it simple this trip

Edit: this is me travelling light (at work I carry ten lights in all) :D
on days off 4-6 lights

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd take the EA4. After all, late at night on the beach, you need to see. And they all take AA.

nbp

Flashaholic
While you're in Hawaii, stop by McGizmo and pick up a Haiku in person from the Man himself. I guarantee it'll be the best souvenir you ever buy on any trip ever.

Rod911

Enlightened
Currently going around the world (in Philippines now, was in South America for 3 months previously) and brought with me SC51w, H502c, H51c, DQG AA and an XM-L neutral modded Catapult v1. The latter is rarely used, and was brought only for its clubliness personality.

Mostly used light? Has to be SC51w. As of late, I have had to keep the light on at moon light mode as I shower in the evenings, just in case there is a power outage, and there were daily outages when I was in Davao.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you have an empty drink glass, point to it and say "Hana-ho!" That means one more time.

For your personal carry take what you would normaly take (maybe not 6), for me it's an Arc AAA if I'm swimming (yes I swim with a flashlight) or Aeon in my pocket and a Minimus in my backpack. I usually keep an E2e in my luggage.

You have nice lights, they deserve some beach time too!

Aloha

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
While you're in Hawaii, stop by McGizmo and pick up a Haiku in person from the Man himself. I guarantee it'll be the best souvenir you ever buy on any trip ever.

In a fit of transparency (and tipsiness) I told my wife that's what I'm going to do. She looked at me like I'm insane, but didn't outright tell me not to.
We'll be at Kaanapali, so Lahaina is no trouble at all.

Back to the topic at hand, I bring a Ti D25C in my pocket, (Thrunite) Ti on my keychain, Vinh-equipped Tiablo A7 in my bag, and C2 or 6P w/ Malkoff in my jacket.
If I know I'll be swimming, I also bring my (recently repaired) E03 packed in my trunks. If I'll be gone more than a couple days, I'll bring a 2-pak of 123's. If I'm driving, I already have over a dozen spare batteries in the trunk (and a Lumintop P2C in the glove box.)

wjv

Enlightened
Fenix E11 with a pack of spare batterys

OR

Fenix PD22 with 2-3 spare batteries