Help! I receive two diferents 18650 Fenix 2600mAh ARB-L2: 3,6v and 3,7v..

trides19

Newly Enlightened
Hello Im new in the forum. I just bought a pair of 18650 Fenix 2600mAh ARB-L2 and have received two different versions:
One with 3.6vand another with 3.7v . With some little differences in the package.
Anyone know anything about this difference. I can not find information about it anywhere.
I will use these batteries in a TK35 U2, that still does not arrive,
My question is if it affects the performance of the flashlight or something because they are different batteries? Thanks.
I took a photos:

2013-03-13-1580.jpg

2013-03-13-1586.jpg

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very strange. I'm curious why. I think you should have both cells rated the same if used together.
The 2 cells can overheat and cause safety problems if they are not the same voltage.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would charge them and test the voltage with a VOM. You could also call the vendor and ask them "What's up?" When used in series they should be very close (or the same) in voltage.

trides19

Newly Enlightened
maybe it's a packing mistake ,, ask them first before use :ohgeez:

Here in Argentina is very dificult to get one of this battery s . And the seller of them lives at 1000km of where I live. Thanks for the answers!!!

Up All Night

Enlightened
The packaging and label are a running change by Fenix, same battery. This info from Fenix in gopajti's TK75 picture thread, I believe. Charge them up, you're good to go! Fully charged these batteries should measure between 4.1 and 4.2 volts. According to Fenix, 3.7v represents a more accurate nominal voltage reading.

kj2

Flashaholic
The packaging and label are a running change by Fenix, same battery. This info from Fenix in gopajti's TK75 picture thread, I believe. Charge them up, you're good to go! Fully charged these batteries should measure between 4.1 and 4.2 volts. According to Fenix, 3.7v represents a more accurate nominal voltage reading.

Indeed. Same battery, only more accurate info on the packaging.

Latest posts