Send Your Name To A Comet

Empath

Flashaholic
NASA will be launching a rocket in December, 2004, to collide with Comet Temple 1 in May, 2005. Here's your chance to submit your name to be placed on a CD that will be carried to the comet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
That's neat. I didn't go to all the links. Do they anticipate the CD will survive? I found the lines from the bottom interesting also.
[ QUOTE ]
Note: It is a violation of U.S. Code to improperly use Federal computing resources. You are on an official U.S. Government (Federal) web site now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empath

Flashaholic
If we had the capabilities to greater affect the far reaches of the solar system, no doubt on reaching the farthest solar body we'd find whatever beauty it holds to be marred where someone had scratched "Kilroy was here" on it's surface. I may not fully understand that human characteristic, but this gives you the chance to send the digital equivalent to the farthest reaches of the solar system. You can't get much closer to the edge of the solar system than the path of a comet.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
some alien race might get their hands on the disc.

we'll be abducted for sure!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're inbred and live in a trailer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

kev1-1

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PercaDan said:

Only if you're inbred and live in a trailer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha ha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif