Ordered Eagletac D25C XM-L.... what can I expect?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just decided to try out one of these XM-L lights. Seems like good bang for the buck. Anyone have opinions on this light?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just decided to try out one of these XM-L lights. Seems like good bang for the buck. Anyone have opinions on this light?

I own a Eagletac D25C XM-L U2 and I like it a lot. You can expect a high output small EDC when using a single AW IMR 16340. However you do lose the medium mode. I don't mind this, as I can go straight to max from the firefly mode or low to max in a half press. I have found that the amount of lumens produced from such a small package really impresses people. I usually do this with my Surefire E1E mod with 3 x XP-G2 which has a driver with a max of 4.2V. But the D25C is smaller and lighter and uses a single XM-L U2.

I hope you enjoy this light. 762 lumens is not too shabby. I am looking forward to the new version using XM-L2.

Last edited:

litzerski

Newly Enlightened
The D25C XML has been my go-to EDC light for the past 9 months or so, with no end in sight. At first I used 16340 batteries, but now use standard CR123A primaries, and prefer the extended run time and find the Medium setting useful. I don't miss the extra output at all either.

I keep it in Moonlight off mode, as the normal Low setting is VERY useful, but it's easy to switch back and forth between Moonlight on and Moonlight off modes. I keep a D25A XML in my nightstand in Moonlight on mode which is perfect for that use.

Anyway, my D25C is always in my front left pocket unless I'm at work (where I have a G25C2 on my belt) or asleep.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just came in. I am VERY impressed. The output on Turbo is UNREAL. I got lucky on tint as well, pure bright WHITE tint. Thank goodness, I was afraid I would get a blue tinted one. Its just a crazy light for its size. Don't see any dark spots in the beam either, but its not dark outside yet - only have a dark finished basement to try it out on. The beam is not quite as narrow as I'd like but still nice. (I knew it wouldn't have as much throw as the XPG). So far its a winner.

Last edited: